“Wasn't as Good as last year . . .”

Bistro at Ten Acres
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro at Ten Acres is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 101 Restaurants in Stowe
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: American, European
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Luce Hill Road
Peterborough, Canada
“Wasn't as Good as last year . . .”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I like this Bistro. Its only open Wednesday through Sunday. The wine selection and drinks were excellent, but I must have hit a slightly off evening as the food was not quite as good as I remember from last September. Duck and lamb, two of my favourites were notably absent from the menu. That said everyone enjoyed their meal and the desserts were over the top good. I'll try it again this September.

1 Thank ALM1

Toronto
“Friendly with good food and lovely views”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

A smart casual environment with friendly staff and inventive and very tasty food. The Key Lime Pie was excellent - as were the starters, moules/frites and pineapple salad.
Sits up the hill overlooking several mountain ranges.

Visited July 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Magnificent. A must go if you are anywhere near Stowe.”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We were in town for 1 week and made 2 visits for dinner as the first experience was so good. Drinks at bar prepared by Mark were of a high standard and you must try the Whisky Blast. Knowledge of wines were also of a very high standard. We were then led to our table by Linda who really added greatly to our experience with her super friendly charm. Unbelievable to find out these guys have only been open and are new to the restaurant business for c18 months. Then, onto the food..wow! I started with Ceviche which was a knock out, great price and as good a starter as I have ever tasted. We both then had the seafood special which was Swordfish complimented by a really refreshing Sauvignon Blanc which was recommended by our server Christina. The Swordfish was as good as I have ever had and really made the experience. We had Pork Shank on our last visit which was absolutely amazing also, Chef Gary prepares food like you have never tasted. We will definitely be back. Best restaurant experience we have ever had in Stowe and this was our 3rd visit. Good luck with the future Mark & Linda.

1 Thank Stephen R
Hartford, CT
“Very Nice!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Had dinner last night after reading so many great reviews. They are well deserved! Nice setting inside, beautiful views. Waiter was fantastic, very attentive yet laidback. You were at your pace. I had vietnamese shrimp, which was nice. Mom had the lemon/parm chicken and said one of the best chicken dishes she has ever had! She had a chocolate martini that looked great, tasted the same. I had a Von Trapp Lager, very nice. Great beer selection! I would highly recommend.

Albany, New York
“Excellent Bistro in Stowe”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Visited the Inn at Ten Acres Saturday July 12 and my wife and I had a great meal. I had the Ceviche appetizer and a excellent shrimp dish. My wife enjoyed a nice chicken entree. Mark was very hospitable and talked with us for a few minutes telling us the story of how he started just 19 months ago. We hope to go back when in Stowe.