“A great little library”
Review of Stowe Free Library

Stowe Free Library
Ranked #21 of 65 things to do in Stowe
Reviewed 28 March 2014

For a small town offers much. A great adult and children's sections. They had newspapers, computers, DVDs-a great variety.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

While we have many large libraries where I live in Maryland, I always seem to find many books and movies at the Stowe Free Library that I cannot get at home. When we are on vacation in Stowe, my family goes to the library almost daily.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

little nooks and crannys to grab a newspaper, also the art museum on the second floor always has an interesting exhibit--we saw the Cuban artists show --worth spending a quiet hour or two

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I liked the spacious layout of this excellent public library, which happened to be right across the street from The 1860 House B&B where we were staying in mid October. Not only was it well-stocked with books, for both adults and children, but also provided several computers with WiFi, as well as a number of comfortable chairs throughout for people to sit and read.

Upstairs there is a large art gallery open to the public that on Oct. 17 featured a large number of pieces on display by Cuban artists. That evening, a guest lecturer from Cuba .gave a very interesting and comprehensive presentation on the seminal influences of visiting Cuban musicians on American jazz and artists such as Ella Fitzgerald and Dizzy Gillespie in the first half of the 1900s. The presentation was highlighted by audio clips of various Cuban and American jazz greats of the past.

being able to experience such an unusual musical event at no charge in a public library was truly rewarding to me and the others attending that evening.

1  Thank curtiejoe
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I like stopping in to read for a while in between shopping after my morning walk. It's a bit small but adequate.