“Greasy Diner Food”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 13 February 2012

My husband and I stopped in for lunch at McCarthy's on a whim because it was across the street from where we were staying. Breakfast was served all day, so I ordered the eggs, toast and bacon. My husband ordered the swiss patty melt. Overall, the food was delicous, but not the place to be if you are watching your waistline! The food is your typical diner fare - extra greasy!

There are newer reviews for McCarthy's Restaurant

Reviewed 8 February 2012

Found this on the 2nd of our 2 day stay in Stowe and they do a great breaskfast. Would recommend this place if you dont have breaskfast included where you are staying. Worth a visit...

2  Thank DebAndNick
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Over the years this restaurant has declined from a great experience to one that is merely okay. The food is fine but pricey for what you get. The service is also good but nothing spectacular. I have eaten at this restaurant since the 70s when I used to come up for the Stowe Bike race and have very fond memories of those early visits.

Reviewed 30 January 2012

Coming from New York, we always miss our diners where we can get some good comfort food. Well, visit McCarthy's! They have a great selection of some favorites as well as specials. They also do a great job if you need catering!

Reviewed 19 January 2012

The food is delicious and high quality with quick service. The omlettes are farm fresh.