“Friendly with Great Food”

McCarthy's Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 101 Restaurants in Stowe
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly with Great Food”
Reviewed 6 April 2013 via mobile

The hostess was very friendly. Her and the gentleman from the business next door bantered with my son about the rivalry between the Red Sox and the Yankees. We had a great time at this restaurant. The French toast was the best I've ever had. I chose the special oatmeal bread. I don't usually add butter to my French toast but I tried it since it was Cabot butter. It made the meal fantastic. My 6 year old who doesn't eat much finished a pancake, egg and bacon platter. He said it was awesome, great and good! The coffee was also wonderful.

Visited April 2013

Bedford, United Kingdom
“Best Breakfast in Stowe”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Just perfect breakfast. Maple sausages...yum, and maple bacon....yum yum. Eggs were fabulous, service was superb. Check out the ladies restroom, really cool hand painted mural all over walls of mountain views. If in Stowe, go here for breakfast.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank thebyre
Stowe, Vermont
“Great Service, Avg. Food”
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Rachel, our waitress, was wonderful. She graciously made substitutes (french fries instead of home fries) and knew how to be highly attentive without coming by too often. Unfortunately, the food/drink was only average. The toast was over-buttered, the green mountain coffee was Nantucket Blend (one of the worst) and the onions in my omelette were too numerous and too under-grilled. It was my first time here and I would go back because of the service and because I wouldn't judge the restaurant on just one meal.

• Visited March 2013
“Excellent Breakfast and great Value”
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Randomly stopped by one day to have breakfast and were amazed with how cheap( by Stowe standarts) and good it was. Will be coming there more often. I especially enjoyed there omelet selection where you can make your own with ingredients like smoked salmon and goat cheese

Visited February 2013
East Greenwich, Rhode Island
“Awesome Breakfast from homemade donuts to homemade hash”
Reviewed 25 February 2013 via mobile

My wife and I liked this place so much we ate here three straight mornings. Their corned beef hash is great as are the peanut butter filled, chocolate covered donuts. Service is great too