“Good food, nice staff!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Just stopped in at McCarthy's again on another visit to Stowe. As always the food was good, it was ready quickly, and there was great a variety of choices. I had lunch and my traveling companion had breakfast. The staff here is very nice and they were gracious even though they were a few minutes away from closing. They sometimes are a little curt; this usually happens when they are very busy. However, they are always professional and equipped to handle crowds in a timely manner. I will be coming back here many more times. Very good place! Always check out their specials too- the breakfast specials have always been really tasty when I've ordered them! Oh- make sure you have cash. They don't take credit cards.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

McCarthy's is ideal for both breakfast and lunch -- food, value, fast high quality service, location. They simply do things the right way.

Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

The food and people make your eating experience enjoyable. My oldest son and I ate the oatmeal French toast. It is absolutely the best I've ever had. The waitress was so sweet she made an extra pancake for my 7 year old son that rarely eats anything. He ate 2 pancakes, 3 sausage links and an egg.

If you're a Red Sox fan be sure to stop by and say hi to the Yankee fan Lee in the real estate office next door. He is hilarious. He joked with our 7 year old. We have to eat here every year on vacation because of Lee and the food.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

great place for breakfast. just what we were looking for. simple old fashioned eggs, pancakes, waffles, etc. fresh, prepared well. nice staff, good prices. food comes quickly once your seated but if you go in season go early or be prepared to wait. very popular place with both visitors and locals.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

My daughter and I stopped in on our last day in Stowe. We were welcomed by friendly smiling faces. Coffee was brought to us promptly. (I am sure like most people the fast cup of coffee is top priority.) Here I am in an Irish establishment that makes their own corned beef hash. Imagine there was something else on the menu that I would consider....Tremendous!!! My daughter's enjoyed her breakfast as well. I would make sure that I stopped back next time to Stowe.