“Great service...from the Man with best beard in town”

McCarthy's Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 102 Restaurants in Stowe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Been here twice....love the friendly staff...Service can be a bit of a wait on busy mornings..but the guy with the white beard & his staff are so friendly & polite that you kinda forget to be in a rush & just start enjoying the ambiance...Food is average but served with generous portions. .Try &get a table outside. ..its worth the wait!

There are newer reviews for McCarthy's Restaurant

Reviewed 16 June 2014

A local recommended this place and it is a winner! The staff was friendly and attentive. Prices were very good. The food was great! I had the special of the day frittata with fries and toast . My husband had the special of the day fresh blueberry pancakes with candied pecans. Very entertaining Irish decor.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I love any place that makes homemade hash, rolls and breads! The hash is smoked then turned into an awesome side for breakfast. The rolls are fantastic and the homemade bread is a great accomplment to the eggs. Staff is super friendly and made great recommendations.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Unable to reach the Stowe Mountain Lodge for breakfast our group had to be content with an alternative to our whistle stop itinerary. Thankfully McCarthy's fit the bill and could accommodate all 16 of us!
I ordered a full stack of pancakes with banana and blueberries, which was lovely, however, I would have preferred the fruit to be fresh on top of the pancakes rather than mixed in. My fault for not clarifying.
All our group had something different and said how hearty and filling it was.
A great accidental visit.

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Horrible service. Hair in my food. Waitress didn't ask how are food was for a half hour. Never came to refill are drinks. I had a small glass of water and really thirsty.I didn't eat my food cause there was hair in it she didn't come to check on us for at least a half hour them asked how is it I said hairy can I have my check. I waited 20 minutes to get seated when there was open table the whole time. There were open tables for a while and the line was out of the door. I will never come here again.

1  Thank JLongfellow

Been to McCarthy's Restaurant? Share your experiences!