“a fun place”

Matterhorn Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 101 Restaurants in Stowe
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, Sushi, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“a fun place”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Never actually went here because my son refused to take us to where he & his friends hang out. There seemed to be a parental barrier in place that I didn't see :) BUT, he assures me that it's a fun place with good beer, pool, & is a fun place to hang (they're all in their 20s).

“Must go!”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I have gone 3 times and have always enjoyed the food. I really enjoyed the naked burger on a small bed of salad and chose the basil vinaigrette dressing. It was delicious! My husband enjoyed the lobster macaroni. Then we saw that they had two pool tables and so we played two rounds and had a great time.

Nashua, New Hampshire
“Great for Apres-Ski not for food”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Who would eat sushi there.
The place is fun and packed at 4pm after a day of skiing. There is a cover charge which is annoying. There is usually a live band and they have at least 10 beers on draft. The place is happening if this is what you are looking for. I heard that it keeps on rocking late into the night.

North Haven, Connecticut
“Charged a cover, but we were there just for dinner”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Ok dinner after skiing in Stowe, a lot of places to choose from. Well we chose Matterhorn from a friends suggestion.
If the traffic and snow storm wasn't so bad we would have hightailed it out of this place as soon as we entered. First off they charged us a cover. Mind you it was 6 pm a lousey band playing. We informed the doorman that we were there for dinner, said it doesn't matter still charged both wife and myself but left the 2 kids alone. Meals were only so so, pizza overdone and dry. Burger.... next time I'll walk to the Blue donkey and assure myself a better burger
loud, slow service. Band took more breaks than played (which was a good thing, as I said they were lousey) Tempted to order sushi but to be honest, why would anyone order sushi in Vermont when most of us can get it better closer to home and at half the cost. Enough of the foo foo meals, you'd think most people would think first and order something that a grill restaurant would be able to do without having to think about it. From the sushi orders that went by to other customers I was reminded that I made the right choice and didn't order the overpriced stuff here.

• Visited February 2014
Marblehead, Massachusetts, United States
“Stowe's Best Après Ski”
Reviewed 15 February 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

You have not experienced après ski at Stowe until you visit "the horn". Fabulous food and drink, bands and dancing at night. Pizza, sushi and other terrific food is all here!

Visited January 2014