“Surprisingly good Mexican food ” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cactus Cafe
Ranked #40 of 100 Restaurants in Stowe
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Surprisingly good Mexican food ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Our family of five was surprised to see a Mexican restaurant during our ski trip to Stowe. We gave it a try and were happy we did. We were seated right away and pretty much had a room to ourselves. The chips and salsa were excellent - you could tell the salsa was homemade.

My husband and I each had a margarita and they were both good. We were there with our three kids (aged 20 to 15). We had fajitas, a combo platter and a shrimp meal. The food was delicious and plentiful but we managed to eat it all - no leftovers. We would recommend this restaurant.

Dallas
“Great food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Great Mexican food in Vermont. Starting with the hostess and our wait-staff we had great service. The atmosphere inside the restaurant is definitely Mexican with the right amount Vermont spirit.
We started our meal with excellent "Mansfield" margaritas and a very good appetizer of calamari.
For an entree, I had the pulled pork tacos. There was plenty of food, and the pulled pork had a very good flavor.
Great staff, great environment that I would recommend to anyone visiting Stowe looking for a taste of Mexican.

Visited March 2014
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Owners are the bomb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

Our family visited one evening and had a great meal, but what blew us away was while waiting for our free shuttle to take us back to our hotel, the owner offered for us to hop in her car and she drove us herself! That says a lot about what kind of restaurant her family runs- accommodating, friendly and authentic. Thank you again!!

• Visited March 2014
West Haven, Connecticut
“Taco Salad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Margarita was great! Taco salad had a few knobs of meat had to ask for more. Cute tiny restaurant but would go there again.

Visited March 2014
Saratoga Springs, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Birthday Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

My daughter and I were in Stowe to celebrate her 21st Birthday. When we arrived and were please at the friendliness of the staff. Our waitress and the chef were more than happy to accommodate my daughters request(she being a vegetarian). The margaritas were awesome as was my dinner. They also brought us a birthday dessert that was to die for. I would also like to give a shout out to the ladies at the bar...Thanks for the worm!!!!
Thanks Again for making my daughter's birthday a great one!

Brendan and Leslie

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Cactus Cafe? Share your experiences!