“Mixed Review” 2 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Upton, MA
“Mixed Review”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

I was so excited about dinner at Bangkok Bistro and would love to go back. The food was delicious! I enjoyed wonderful chicken satay as an appetizer and pad thai for my main course, My husband had a curry rice bowl and was very impressed. Our waitress fantastic - informative, professional and very friendly. The problem - the hostess and the owner/cook who sat in the dining area. She just hovered. Peering around the corner, from behind the plant. I was very, very uncomfortable with her behavior. Originally, I thought it might just be my imagination but when my husband returned from the men's room he said he felt like he was being stalked. The experience was so uncomfortable that we will not be returning despite the excellent food.

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Boston, Massachusetts
“Hidden gem in Stowe.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

We dined at Bistro on the Hill recently and we were quite impressed with the quality of the food, service and overall experience. The manager was able to find us a table despite not having a reservation on a busy Saturday night. What an enjoyable staff and a delightful culinary experience.
This restaurant recently opened and I would recommend it to anyone visiting Stowe.

• Visited December 2013
Beaver Creek, Colorado
“Good food for a Thai craving”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

We tried this new restaurant on a nice summer night. Sat outside and the atmosphere was very nice. The service was quick and friendly. I loved my curry rice bowl. Fresh veggies, yummy sauce and a perfect blend of spice. My husband had the pad thai and thought it was very good as well. The prices are a little high for take-out so best to come for a nice dinner. It is good Thai food and a nice place.

Visited August 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Too loud; good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

This place has potential. I can't understand why it's so loud. There's no music, a normal number of well behaved guests, cork walls. Could someone please tell the owners how to make it more pleasant for conversation? We all left with a headache having to yell at each other just to chat.

The good was tasty. We ordered Tom Ka soup and it was perfect at $6 for a good size bowl. Entrees were nicely prepared with the right amount if variety but small portion for the price at $18-20 ea.

Service was friendly and not rushed nor slow. The decor is classy with a few well placed Thai souvenirs.

Figure out the sound issue and we'll be back!

Stowe
“just not worth it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

we had pretty low expectations going into this restaurant and unfortunately they lived up (or down)to the expectations. As was the previous restaurant here, this is a very loud dining space with nothing to absorb sound. If you are looking for a quiet evening, you may want to skip this place. When seated, table was sticky and we waited almost 15 minutes for anyone to take our order. We were about to get up and leave but fortunately a waitress came to our table. Drinks were made well and somewhat reasonably priced. When we finally ordered we were told that they were out of the appetizer we ordered as well as 3 others. Additionally they were out of all duck entrees and all ahi tuna entrees. Explanation was they got an early rush but when its off-season in Stowe and there are only 4 other tables in the restaurant, this obviously just wasn't true. When Veggie spring rolls arrived 45 minutes after we sat down, they looked and tasted like frozen grocery store brand. Fortunately, our dinners arrived shortly after the appetizer and were not terrible, but not outstanding. At least they were hot and on time.
They have a lot of work to do before the busy winter rush gets here. If you are a large party I might want to avoid this place as I think it could take forever. Service is disorganized and not attentive and prices are pretty expensive for what you really get. Don't think we will be back here and honestly, people may want to steer clear as well. If you like great Thai food, and even decent service, I just don't think this place is for you

• Visited November 2013