“Amazing Vanishing Act!”
Review of Bender's Burritos - CLOSED

Bender's Burritos
Price range: US$2 - US$12
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: We offer fast, fresh, affordable fare. Inspired by traditional Mexican street foods, but with a decidedly American twist. Had a long day of skiing, hiking, biking or shopping? This is your place to refuel!
Reviewed 13 August 2014

OK, I wasn't even hungry, but when you are travelling with a 16 year old son (aka the Food Hoover) and a husband, avoiding lunch is not an option. Eyeing the enormous well-packed fish burrito I ordered, I didn't think there was any way I'd be able to finish it, but it was so darn good, it just disappeared! You choose the heat-strength of the salsa ahead of time as it is packed in as it's made. I chose the salsa-verde (medium), to err on the side of caution, but could have easily kicked it up a notch as it was on the mild side. My husband's "plain" burrito stood deliciously on its own, while my son's roasted veggie was great as well. Don't miss this place. Amazing value, fresh ingredients, delicious.

1  Thank MomCanDream
There are newer reviews for Bender's Burritos

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Fantastic food! we stopped 3 times on our vacation!
Loved the local beer and the large filling portions.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

A local took us to (and raved about) the Mad Taco in Montpelier - Bender's is a couple notches above, easily! Nice folks, we enjoyed great fish and also veggie burritos. Very fresh, no fish taste or smell at all. The chipotle and verde salsas are homemade and excellent. Great guac, even their cookies were extremely tasty. Other reviewers wrote "best ever", well - very well could be......

Reviewed 3 August 2014

This little burrito place was made from a passion. Henry the owner had a dream to own
a burrito restaurant for some time. When he moved to Stowe he made it happen!
The service is fast and courteous. The locals come in often and enjoy their lunch, dinner or a beer there. It has a warm, comfy feel, and it is clean. I have been their a few times. The last visit I was there, I had the fish tacos and loved salsa and guacamole to go with it! It was warm, tasty and hit the spot.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Can you say fantastic about a burrito joint? An emphatic yes! Service was great both in their patience as we ordered and in making recommendations that were spot on for each member of our party. Had a great salsa discussion - they make their own and the burritos were wonderful. We eat primarily vegetarian and the options were creative and flavorful - the hint of ginger in mine was surprisingly good. Highly recommend.