“Lots of good food at a fair price!”

Sunset Grille & Tap
Ranked #15 of 102 Restaurants in Stowe
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The Sunset Grille and Tap is a great alternative to the many expensive restaurants in Stowe. We just spent ten days in Stowe and ate here three nights. If you want good food at a decent price this is the place to go. It is not a fancy place, but it is quiet as the dinning room is separate from the bar area. All three nights my husband had a good portion of barbecue beef ribs, a baked potato and a salad for $13.99. it is hard to find barbecue beef ribs on a menu at any price, so he was pleased to find such delicious ribs. I had a good sized philly cheese sandwich on delicious French bread. I was happy to be able to substitute a salad for the French Fries for an additional $1.99. All three nights the service was outstanding.

I am giving the Sunset a "5" for what it is -- a unique casual restaurant that specializes is serving inexpensive, hearty, and tasty meals. Such restaurants are hard to find in Stowe. If you want elegance and expensive meals, there are plenty of restaurants in Stowe to choose from.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Tired after a long day of touring the area, we were looking for a good quick meal. We found it here. I had the beef brisket dinner. The brisket wasn't the best I've had, but still pretty good. The baked beans were excellent and made in house. The service was quick and our server very good.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

A busy, spirited tavern. The bar was bustling; the dining room empty. It was pre-season. I sat at the bar and found the bartender chatty. The selection of local beers was large and the the Long Trail ale really good. Unfortunately, the 1/2 rack of baby back ribs were dry and meager. The cole slaw was fine. The menu was quite extensive. I should give it another try.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a great place to go if you want to watch sports and eat a decent meal. My husband and son LOVE it and while I prefer food that is a bit more upscale, I always find something I like here when we go. The service is friendly and prompt. The price is right for what it is. The food is good and if you love BBQ it's the best.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We've been here a few times. Also good BBQ food, and fast service. Its not as expensive as some of the other restaurants around- which is nice. It seems like a place that locals would go to.