“very good food at reasonable prices; a bit noisy”
Review of Whip Bar & Grill

Whip Bar & Grill
Ranked #11 of 102 Restaurants in Stowe
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We were surprised to find a reasonably priced restaurant in Stowe that has really good steak and such fare. The wait staff was efficient, just the right amount of attention (not overbearing), and the food was very good. The prime rib was excellent, as was the vegetarian platter. The creme brulee was excellent as well. And the drinks tasted like they had adequate alcohol, instead of watered down. the atmosphere was fun, but a little noisy for a romantic meal. Just one problem: we were a few minutes (literally 10 minutes) late for our reservation and they had already given our table away! The hostess was very off putting, although she got us another table.

1  Thank carefultraveler2014
Write a ReviewReviews (1,084)

Reviewed 28 July 2011

Seafood was excellent. I had the cod special with pesto topping...exceptional flavor. Husband had swordfish...generous serving and quite tasty. Service was good. Prices were a bit steep but I would return.

Reviewed 28 July 2011

Staying in Stowe on business and visited the Whip... was early and place was semi filled.. was greeted by hostess and seated me. and Braelyn (waitress) came right after--I was ready to order as I had reviewed the menu on line and order the Steak au poivre and the ceasar salad....Braelyn brought me the bread basket and .... was addicting.. it was a honey wheat bread.. freshed baked in the bakery .... it was delicious.. the ceasar salad was good.. not drippy .. with sauce.. and Steak was EXCELLENT.. asked for rare and it was done right .. the sauce was very tasteful with mushrooms.. Hmmmm done right ... WOULD GO AGAIN...when I am in town..

Reviewed 23 July 2011

We had dinner here the 2 nights we stayed at the Green Mountain Inn. The food was great, had something for each of us (me, husband and 2 kids 13 and 11). I loved the corn chowder. There was a large menu including for kids. Friendly service and not too expensive. Would 100% recommend.

Reviewed 18 July 2011

I ate here with my wife on a weekend night in July. The restaurant is in the Green Mountain Inn, right in the middle of Stowe. The decor is classic country inn, and also there is an outdoor patio by the pool (where we ate since the weather was pleasant). Service was very attentive, and the food was good (we had striped bass and pork tenderloin). The bread from the bread basket was so good we had it wrapped up and used it for lunch the next day.