“Great food, great service and family friendly”
Review of Whip Bar & Grill

Whip Bar & Grill
Ranked #7 of 102 Restaurants in Stowe
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Loved the taste combinations on some of the specials. Obviously a very talented chef in place.
Great palce for a family freindly meal. Nice booth, good kids options and with coloring pencils etc...
Loved it.

There are newer reviews for Whip Bar & Grill

Reviewed 28 July 2014

The warm oat bread and maple butter were delicious, as were my husband's onion straws but after that, things went downhill. I had the corn chowder and The Inn Salad. The chowder was just so-so, lacking in any real flavor. The salad was uninteresting to me, and the maple vinaigrette tasted bitter.
My husband''s potatoes certainly had a nice appearance: skin-on potatoes, thick and hearty, however they were barely above room temperature and not particularly flavorful. His Simply Grilled filet mignon (there's also a Gorgonzola encrusted version available) was good, thankfully.
My daughter's chicken picatta was just ok, and was also served with slightly warm mashed potatoes.
We originally had planned to have dessert, based upon the reviews and the appealing dessert menu but opted against it since we felt it may be as lackluster as the meal.
Our server was friendly and attentive at first, but after our food arrived (after a too-long wait) we only saw her as she was attending to other diners.
After finishing our meal, we sat looking at our 1/2 eaten meal for 15 minutes before another sever stopped by.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Since we were staying at the Green Mountain Inn, we decided to eat at The Whip. We were not disappointed, because everything was very enjoyable. My wife had the flatbread pizza, which she thoroughly enjoyed because it had vegetables on it. Women! I chose the turkey dinner, and it was delicious, with everything being moist and flavorful. Kevin was our server and did a great job, and although he recommended the maple crème brulee, there was "no room at the inn" if you know what I mean. Kevin also recommended one of the local ales, and it was the full-flavored beer that I wanted. We highly recommend this restaurant, even if you're not staying at the Green Mountain Inn.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Another gluten free find in Stowe. Staff was knowledgeable and accommodating. I was very excited to be able to order french fries cooked in a dedicated fryer...... but they need to work on the fries. They came to the table a soggy lump.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

My husband and I were staying at the Green Mtn. Inn and ate at the Whip the first night of our stay. We enjoyed eating dinner on their patio overlooking the nicely landscaped pool and fire pit. We enjoye our meal very much and would have eaten there again, but we wanted to try some of the many other restaurants in the quaint town. The service was exellent, the food was delicious, and the ambiance was romantic. They had many Gluten free options on their menu which made me very happy!

Been to Whip Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!