“Pancake lovers delight”

Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Dutch
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Dutch Pancake Cafe was reviewed by the New York Times as "The World's Most Decadent Breakfast" and by the Stowe Guide as "One of Stowe's Most Unique Dining Attractions". We feature over 80 varieties of 12-inch sweat and hearty Dutch pancakes. Dutch pancakes are specially prepared, crepe-like pancakes with a variety of ingredients baked in such as, apple cinnamon pancakes, shredded potato, onion and cheese pancakes, bacon and banana pancakes, chocolate chip with whipped cream pancakes .
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

This place was a highlight during our Stowe ski trip. You can get traditional breakfast fare, or if you're adventurous try something like "the Rembrandt" a plate-sized pancake with apples, raisins, pineapple, curry and cheese cooked into it. Next time I'm definitely going to try the candied ginger pancake or piña colada pancake. If you like to spend $30 for a breakfast buffet in a stuffy resort, this place is not for you. However if you like good food and solid service at a reasonable price, I highly recommend the Dutch Pancake.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Hit up this spot on our way out of town based on previous reviews posted on TA. I tried the dutch pancake. It's basically a crepe. Didn't blow me away. Daughter got the traditional pancakes and these were delicious. My wife and I also had standard eggs and breakfast meat. All were good. I wouldn't say this is a MUST STOP during your stay but it's certainly a good breakfast spot. The atmosphere is lacking. There was only 3 tables occupied while we there on a late morning mid week day. With no muzak to drown out the silence you almost felt the need to whisper your order to not disturb the other guests. Place was dead silent. Weird.

Breakfast for 3 = $40 including tip

Reviewed 12 March 2014

We tried out the dutch pancake while it stowe and it was a fun change of pace. I had the plain pancake with lemon butter and my husband had a pancake with eggs and cheese baked in. They both tasted great but were very filling and I couldn't eat there every day. My husband did want to go back but for me it was fun once but not something I wanted all the time. It was also and expensive breakfast so if you are looking for a different kind of breakfast for fun check it out.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

We made a reservation at the Dutch Pancake Cafe days in advance. They called us two hours before our reservation time and cancelled it. Just like that.

1  Thank Alb144
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Pancakes were very good. Blue berry and bacon atter were wonderful. Coffee could use some work but otherwise a nice family breakfast. Waitress was filling the cups at every turn!