“Dutch pancakes”

Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Dutch
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Dutch Pancake Cafe was reviewed by the New York Times as "The World's Most Decadent Breakfast" and by the Stowe Guide as "One of Stowe's Most Unique Dining Attractions". We feature over 80 varieties of 12-inch sweat and hearty Dutch pancakes. Dutch pancakes are specially prepared, crepe-like pancakes with a variety of ingredients baked in such as, apple cinnamon pancakes, shredded potato, onion and cheese pancakes, bacon and banana pancakes, chocolate chip with whipped cream pancakes .
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Loved the thin 12" Dutch pancakes stuffed with blueberries. Excellent. Nice atmosphere and quiet. Service was a little slow.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Pricey and just avearge. No where close to the write up via the website. Service was good though. Would not eat there again.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed Next door at the Town & Country. We absolutely made the right decision to come here for breakfast. The service was outstanding and the food even better. I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

So, this place was highly recommended and we were a little disappointed. We walked in and no one acknowledged us for well over 10 minutes. We just stood there as waiters and waitresses walked by and pretended not to see us. I finally stopped one and asked if we were supposed to seat ourselves or put our name on a list or what the procedure was. When we were finally seated, the waitress took our full order but never came back with our drinks or anything. My husband finally flagged her down and asked if we could have our drinks. The food took forever to come out. When we got the check, there was no pen to sign the slip...so more waiting for us. As far as the food goes, my savory pancake was great (potato, onion, cheese), but my kids weren't thrilled with theirs. They had sweeter style (blueberry, strawberry) and said they were just ok. They did love the hash browns though. I think the service just turned us off so much that we probably won't go back.

1  Thank jsl_96
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Pancakes are big-plate sized, and extend not only to the typical fruit cakes but also savory types with bacon and cheese. My omelet was delicious and my husband's eggs florentine were also yummy. Our wait staff was very attentive- multiple people checked in to see if we needed anything, so they may have taken complaints about service very seriously.