“Great new restaurant in Stowe!!”
Review of Plate

Plate
Ranked #13 of 102 Restaurants in Stowe
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Went there for a light dinner and we were not disappointed. Loved the ambiance, can't wait to experience it in the snow!

We have the calamari appetizer, it was possibly one of the best calamari dishes I have ever had. Bursting with flavor and texture. Though it was an appetizer, it was enough for my wife and I to share. Afterward we dove straight into their already fabled banana pudding, it was to die for.

Very impressed with this place and definitely looking forward to our next visit!

1  Thank Bouloys

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Very innovative yet relatively limited menu. Interesting side dishes and accompaniments to go along with main dishes. What caught our eye was the matzoh ball soup and challah on the menu. There was no way we were going to order it but any place that has matzoh ball soup and challah is fine in my books (us brethren gotta stick together!). Place has been open since 2013 in a very central part of Main St in Stowe. We were there in low season (early May 2014) but the place was very busy. Service was a bit on the slow side but since we were in "laid back" mode all was fine. After dinner, they gave us a "loot bag" of some good homemade cookies.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Dinner on a steady Thursday night. My husband really enjoyed the pork chop, however my fish was underseasoned. Still a bit boring after squeezing lemon all over it. He also had the fish cakes which he said were okay, but nothing to write home about. Server was a bit over the top...cocktails and beer selection were good. We will certainly give it another try.

1  Thank VTDaisyGirl
Reviewed 23 April 2014

As soon as we walked in, we noticed the beautiful Edison light fixture -wonderful! The owner Jamie told us it was a one of a kind item that they commissioned an artist to do for them. The rest of the decor followed - built around that chandelier. It is an absolutely beautiful place! There are so many details! The menus are on clipboards- they bring you a DVD case with the check (ours was Charlie's Angels) - ice water is served in a wine bottle - the chairs are a beautiful pewter colored metal - I just loved everything about the decor!!

The place was filling up fast when we placed our order. I ordered the skirt steak and my husband ordered the burger. First, they brought out bread - served in a tin rectangular box- there were corn muffins, grilled flatbread and these wonderful cracker like breads. They served this with the best maple butter I have ever tasted. Our entrees were wonderful. My skirt steak was done to perfection- so delicious! My husband loved his burger and the food was artfully presented.
We finished with the orange spice cake and home made vanilla ice cream drizzled with caramel.
Yes, it was noisy- the bar was standing room only and by the time we left, every table was taken. The noise didn't bother us at all - everyone seemed happy and it was a good vibe.
Our waitress was a sweet young woman and very attentive. All in all it was one of the best meals I have had in a fun and upbeat atmosphere. Well done!!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stopped in to see if we could reserve a table later that evening, but as so many others have said, they don't do reservations, but said they would try and accommodate us. We came back later that evening, after 9pm, and had to wait at the bar for about 10 minutes but, true to their word, they did manage to squeeze us in.

We had appetizers of chicken wings and crispy pork belly, both of which were nice, if small portions. I had the cheeseburger which was juicy and beautifully cooked, while my husband had the roasted chicken, which was beautifully prepared, though they could have been a bit more generous with the sides.

We were both pretty tired, so didn't stay for dessert, but the menu did look good.

A lovely place, but a little pricey for the size of the portions served, with a limited menu and as others have said, quite noisy, so not a great place for a romantic dinner. We'd go again, but perhaps try to visit early in the evening.