“Blown away!”

Ranked #11 of 102 Restaurants in Stowe
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Every once in a while you hit on a restaurant that just surpasses every one of your expectations and this is just one of those places! I can't tell you how wonderful and friendly the staff is (and they are)because I want to get to the food.

The most wonderful surprise I have eaten in a very long time was hidden under a strange description called corn soufflé on the appetizers section. I can't adequately describe how savory and flavorful this app was. The smoothness of the smoked cheddar combined with the wild mushrooms gave it a flavor I will not soon forget. The corn soufflé was light and airy with a soft flavorful texture that just melts in your mouth.

My wife had the grilled calamari and it was such a pleasant surprise from the traditional fried version it was wonderful. It was grilled perfectly with no rubbery texture and was paired with greens and pine nuts for a great taste. Our main course's were pork tenderloin and skirt steak, both were cooked to perfection and accompanied with well matched sides.

The portions were full and you couldn't possibly go away hungry. The price was very reasonable and the only complaint I could possibly have is the noise level when it gets filled. That said, I would endure twice the noise to have the same food in my local area. Unfortunately we usually only get to the Stowe area once a year during the 4th but it wouldn't take much convincing to go back again (soon) just to have another couple of meals at Plate.

We couldn't recommend this place more highly to anyone, local or traveler. We will see you again soon!

5  Thank Ron H

Reviewed 13 July 2014

There aren't a lot of choices for restaurants in Stowe village, but Plate is a good choice. The restaurant is fairly new and quite popular. We had a wait even on a weeknight in the summer. The restaurant has an interesting atmosphere and was quite loud when we visited.

The food was very good. I had a roasted pork chop that had some unique flavor I couldn't quite identify. The meat was moist and cooked just right. Service was good and prompt.

If you're looking for a nice restaurant in Stowe, Plate is a great choice.

2  Thank radx4
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We love to try new Stowe restaurants and were excited to experience Plate. We enjoyed our evening overall. This won't be a venue for everyone. The lack of A/C made the dining room quite warm on the hot summer evening. The food was fresh and health oriented --- a great alternative to heavier fare at other locations; however, the vegan focus of the menu will not suit picky palettes. Wine pours were quite skimpy --- especially at the price point. In summary, we appreciated the lean option for the evening and enjoyed our night. We'd go back, but not on a warm night.

2  Thank Stacey A
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This is a Pricy Restaurant. Ex: 1/2 roasted chicken/ summer succotash-$23
It is a new restaurant and it is very classy inside, but the food is very good.
No frying here. A healthy choice for a restaurant. Which is good to have an alternative to fried foods.
It is good, try it for yourself.
Doesn't open for lunch though.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We were driving around Stowe looking for a place to eat. When we passed by Plate we were intrigued because it was new and busy. We walked in, the atmosphere was great, the restaurant was beautiful, the service was excellent, very friendly. When the food came we were pleasantly surprised. The corn bread was excellent, but my favourite was the side of pan fried potatoes. Go eat here!!!

1  Thank ShaunT22