“Yummy Food; Friendly Staff!!!”

The Stowe Inn Tavern
Ranked #69 of 102 Restaurants in Stowe
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Stowe Inn offers all guests a full-service on-site bar and restaurant at the River House Restaurant. The River House Restaurant provides a unique culinary experience with “sustainable farm to table” dishes served fresh daily. The quality menu can only be matched by the first-class customer service and relaxing, friendly atmosphere. Whether you are looking for a casual dinner for two, a glass of wine and an appetizer, or a full three-course meal, the River House Restaurant offers the delicious dining experience you’ve been looking for.The restaurant is open for Dinner Wednesday-Sunday from 5PM to 10PM. Check our Specials Wednesday thru Saturday.
Reviewed 31 October 2013

My boyfriend and I were looking to try a new place and I kept hearing about the amazing food that the Stowe Inn Tavern served. We walked into the restaurant and were immediately greeted with a smile and greeting from three different employees. We sat at the bar where Alex was our amazing bartender! He gave great suggestions for wine to be paired with my food. Jacob was also a great help! He kept making sure that we were enjoying our food which was DELICIOUS!!! For an appetizer, we had the amazing cheese bacon fries (a must try). I had the risotto and he had the salmon! Both seasoned nicely and we both finished our plates!!! Still we had a little room for dessert. The chef, Stephanie, came out and presented it to us (which was special) and yet again delicious! I was impressed with all the attention to detail! What was even more impresssive is that the manager of the restaurant came over and introduced himself, TIm, and asked us about our dinner and told us a little about the Stowe Inn itself! This was a FANTASTIC experience and i cant wait to go back and have my friends and family enjoy!! Thank you so much Tim, Alex, Jacob, and Stephanie!! We appreciate you!!!

1  Thank kms313

Reviewed 21 October 2013

My fiance and I winded down in The Stowe Tavern at the end of our Sunday evening. We were given a generous helping of carrot cake, and a taste of the shepherd pie we missed that evening (which was FANTASTIC!). Alex, our barkeep, was an absolute delight. He is such a warm and wonderful person. Definitely a stop for us when we return to Vermont again. Thank you! :)

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Had wonderful meal last Sunday , The bartender Alex made the whole evening so spectacular, laughing and joking .. He makes a killer Martini.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

bar tender was super the food was out standing .the GM came to our table to see how things were going.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Last night we went to dinner with a group of friends. We had a reservation and were seated fairly promptly. Our waiter informed us it was his first night on the job. We thought: no problem; the place was almost empty.Our drink order was taken, menus passed out, and we waited and waited. After 30 minutes our host asked if our orders could be taken. He asked again at 45 and 60 minutes. Another of our group asked the management after further waiting. We were told that our waiter could no longer serve us and the bartender/ manager would take our order. 2 hours after being seated we were served a mediocre dinner. Most of our group were disappointed with their meal.The manager was very apologetic. The girls from the front desk at the inn stepped in to be wait staff. I will never go back to this place again. CC

2  Thank BentleyDriver