“Cool little restaurant in great location”
Review of Mi Casa Kitchen and Bar - CLOSED

Mi Casa Kitchen and Bar
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We weren't really planing on eating here but being able to sit outside to eat on a beautiful evening was the kicker. We started with the Green Mountain Margaritas (a margarita w/ maple syrup) - they were ok but a little pricey. Service was slow and our server kind of absent but still very nice. The food, however, was really good. My wife and I both cleaned our plates and were very happy our meals. If you're not in a hurry I'd say check it out.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We were looking forward to dining at Mi Casa, since the owners of Frida's are apparently running this relatively new Mexican restaurant. Upon walking in on a Saturday night, we were hit by an unpleasant smell - of all things - like a badly cleaned room - so we opted to eat outside. We were surprised by how empty the place was - which should have been a heads up! We were there on one of the busiest weekends at Stowe - the Bitter Lacrosse Tournament - hmm. Sitting outside was a treat, and our waitress was nice and competent - however the food REALLY bombed. The tuna tostado was like rubber and way overcooked - the pulled pork sandwich that one of our kids ordered was inedible and seemed flavored with cinnamon. A mediocre dining experience all around - hoping things improve!

2  Thank Nicola P
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

My husband & I were in Stowe for a one night stopover & arrived around 4 & hungry. After a quick walk, during which we could see that ALL Stowe restaurants were empty, we chose Mi Casa because of it's nice deck seating overlooking the end of Main Street. We walked to the bar & a hostess happily seated us on the deck. The hostess & servers were great! Friendly, just attentive enough, & when our waitress's shift ended in the middle of our meal, she brought over her replacement to introduce us. The 2nd waiter was more impressed with the 2 pretty young ladies at the next table, but he didn't neglect us though he wasn't as friendly. We started w/ chips (thick!!), salsa & guacamole were ok. Not too hot, nothing memorable, except portion size which was good. I ordered the chicken quesadillas, my husband had the chicken chimichanga- like dish. Portions were big. Taste wasn't extraordinary with way. We did, however, felt the food sat like a led weight in our stomachs for hours. They use something called Chihuahua cheese, & maybe that's the reason. They use lots of cheese in their dishes.

The 2 of us ate reasonably in expensively, our meal was about $ 35 before tip, and we felt we ate a lot.

I'd go back again. Not for the food especially, but for location, service & price.

1  Thank MartiniMagz
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Food was okay. Not the best. Greeter and server almost seemed unhappy to see our party of seven. Their hours stated open till ten. We saw them turn away another group of five around 9:30.

Laura B, Owner at Mi Casa Kitchen and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Hi,
Thanks for your review. We are always trying harder and your observations provide important areas in which to focus. We hope you will try us again.
Mi Casa es su casa

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Food is good, but the lunch menu I found was pricy. It is the
only Mexican Restaurant in town.
Typical Mexican Fare.
I like a Burrito with Hamburg instead of Skirt Steak. I also don't like it really crispy. That is my taste.