“Great atmosphere and food”

Harrison's Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Harrison's Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 102 Restaurants in Stowe
Price range: US$8 - US$27
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: the local mountain shuttle drops off just steps away from the restaurant. Check with your hotel front desk for updated route schedules
Description: located in historic Stowe village. Serving seafood, steaks, burgers and homemade desserts. Dinner nightly. Experience a local favorite in a cozy atmosphere. Patio dining on Main Street available in summer months
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The restaurant was located in the basement of a realty company. It is small and decorated in what you would think a Vermont restaurant would look like. The owner’s son was manning the bar. He was pleasant and helpful. I ordered apple cider chicken. It was delicious. My husband ate the fillet mignon and enjoyed every bite. It is a small place and we were lucky we had reservations. There was a short wait but we had a drink at the bar.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This was our first visit to Harrison's. It's a very cozy atmosphere and must be especially nice in the winter when the fireplace is going. A very varied menu with certainly something good for every taste. Excellent selection of wines by the bottle as well as by the glass. We split the asiago fries which are killer as well as an excellent Caesar salad. I had steak ou pouvre which was very good and a nice size. Sides were very good also. Nice desert menu. So many good things on the menu I plan on going back. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I was surprised that the restaurant was in the basement, but it was decorated nicely and you could barely tell that you were in a basement. I can see it being really cozy in the ski season with the fireplace going. The food was amazing. My husband and I both enjoyed our meals, the meat was cooked perfectly.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Initially put off by stairway to basement but glad we went down. Decent menu. Small but value packed wine list. Would go back.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Harrisons is truly a hidden gem. In a basement in a standard (and a bit beat up!) retail building, you would rarely expect to find such a dining option. The atmosphere was a bit out of place for summer (though still neat), but I can imagine it being perfect after a long day on the slopes.

The food is excellent and the bar options are creative and delicious (and strong!). Service was kind, warm, and prompt. A definite visit while you are in town.