“Great”
Review of Green Mountain Inn

Green Mountain Inn
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Stowe
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Brilliant location, we didn't know stow !! But chose this on trip advisor recommendations so glad it was accurate. Welcomed with real genuine enthusiasm at reception, we had room in the main building which whilst small gave us everything we wanted.
Location is great, right on Main Street within a stones throw of everything you need ... Reccomend

• Stayed: September 2013
GreenMtnInn, General Manager at Green Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

I am so happy to read that you had a great time in Stowe and that your stay at the Green Mountain Inn made it even better! Our staff strives everyday to provide our guests with the utmost in care and customer service and I’m pleased that their efforts added enjoyment to your stay. Thank you for your kind recommendation and review, and I look forward to having you as guests in the future.

Patti Clark

Write a ReviewReviews (1,881)

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Last week while checking in my wife had a medical emergency and had to be rushed to the hospital by ambulance. Thankfully all turned out well and by 9:30 pm we were ready to return to the hotel which was 10 miles away. The hotel and innkeeper Patti Clark in particular sent a cab which brought us back. When we arrived our luggage had been brought to a larger room and the dining room had been notified to stay open so we could eat. This kind of courtesy is rarely seen today and we were blown away by their kindness. Trying to be objective about this hotel may be hard but I will try. First, the hotel was spotless and the help sincerely friendly. The pool area was immaculate and there were plenty of clean towels. Dining room service was attentive and bartenders very very friendly. There is plenty to see downtown and we enjoyed not having to jump in the car everytime we wanted to do something. Perhaps I am biased but I have never encountered such graciousness from a hotel before. Needless to say, when we return to Stowe there is no question where we will stay and we will recommend to all.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kek128

Ensuring that our guests are taken care of, no matter the circumstances, is something that we pride ourselves on here at the Green Mountain Inn. It is very rare where critical steps must be taken and I am so glad that your wife was cared for so expertly by the wonderful emergency personnel in Stowe and that I could be of assistance wherever needed. I am truly humbled by your kind words of praise for both myself and the outstanding staff of the Green Mountain Inn, and I thank you for sharing your experience with everyone. It would be my pleasure to welcome you and your wife back for a relaxing and wonderful stay very soon. Thank you so much for your gracious review.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

This hotel is fantastic. The rooms are beautifully decorated with high end furniture and fixtures. The beds are so comfortable with wonderful sheets and duvets. The bathrooms are huge with jacuzzi tubs. Our room had a gas fireplace. The staff are very friendly and quick to take care of any of your needs. The grounds are beautifully landscaped. The hotel is centrally located in town. They serve a wonderful breakfast each morning. It has something for everyone. I love the homemade cookies they put out every afternoon for guest. The only really negative about this hotel is the Whip Restaurant that is located on the lower level. We tried it 3 times. Each time the food was so over cooked it was dried up. The last time was the worst. Not only was the food terrible, but the service was awful. The good news is there are 2 really good restaurants very close to the hotel. Right across the street is a restaurant called Harrison's and within a 5 minutes drive is Gracie's. Each restaurant has their own home cut fries and fantastic home made desserts. The food was excellent and cooked to perfection. The service was excellent. So while we would definitely stay at the Green Mountain inn again, we will never go to the Whip Restaurant.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Green Mountain Inn with us. While I’m certainly thrilled to hear that your accommodations, our staff and the hearty breakfast at The Main Street Dining Room fully impressed you, I am very disappointed to learn your experiences in our restaurant were not as enjoyable. This is absolutely not the level of service that our guests are accustomed to and I wish you had let me know of your concerns while you were here. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff and hope that improvements can be made. It would be my pleasure to welcome you back in the future and I thank you for your review.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

We stayed in the Inn for lunch today. Had a very friendly waiter. The Food was just excellent. Burger for my husband freshly made, Sauce extra so no montschy burger. My styr fried vegetables with Tofu was absolutely top.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

I’m thrilled to hear that your meal and the service at the Whip Bar & Grill were absolutely satisfying. Thank you for sharing your appreciation of the Green Mountain Inn and its amenities with others. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Our stay at the Green Mountain Inn was unscheduled and the room we were assigned for our one-night stay was a bit hard to get to. (The steps were under construction.) This is the only negative item I can come up with. The room and the hotel are delightful and the staff very helpful and friendly. The location is perfect and the parking convenient. We enjoyed the history of the hotel and the town, featured on several of the walls. Next time we stay longer.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jaydee46

I’m so glad you chose to stay at the Green Mountain Inn for your stay in Stowe. I do apologize for any inconveniences you encountered and I am grateful for your understanding. Knowing that our dedicated staff and luxurious accommodations made your stay memorable makes me very happy and I’m thrilled that you enjoyed the display of historic prints and photographs that depict our lovely village. Thank you for sharing and for letting us know that you will return for another great stay. We look forward to it!

Reviewed 25 September 2013

This is a wonderful place to stay,from requesting the reservation to the morning we left, everything was perfect! We stayed the weekend of The Balloon Festival in July,pictures do not due the place justice, the room was great,breakfast buffet in the morning was perfect and we had one of the nicest waitresses, her picture is actually on their brochure,the Whip Bar and Grill is not to be missed, great drinks,fabulous food, they treat you like a local there,always glad to see you,Jennifer who is the manager was wonderful, remembered who we were after the first time we dined there, had great ideas for places to visit,her suggestions for lunch and dinner were always the best, she makes you feel right at home and its obvious she is happy working there, great experience all the way around, we will be going back for sure,Wonderful visit from start to finish, make sure you ask to bring home some of their wonderful Oatmeal Bread it is fabulous and they will give you some of their recipes if you ask,dont forget to ask for Jennifer at the Whip and she will be more than happy to suggest day trips, etc.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jasmine54

It certainly sounds as if your stay included so many of the wonderful things that make the Green Mountain Inn an exceptional place to stay, including our famous Honey Oatmeal Bread, a particular favorite of mine! I will be sure to share your compliments with our staff, including those you mentioned specifically, as I’m sure it will make their day. Thank you for sharing your enjoyment of both our Inn and our staff and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Although this hotel is in a great location, the age of the hotel works against it. The worst things were noisy doors constantly slamming down the corridor and having no safe for valuables. We dined in the restaurant last night and the food was very average at best. Therefore I can only give this hotel an average rating oveall.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your concerns with me. While our Classic Rooms do not provide an in-room safe, our Deluxe Rooms and above do provide this specific amenity, and for the convenience of our guests we do provide safe deposit boxes at our Reception Desk Back Office. I do apologize that your experience did match what we hope for every one of our guests and I welcome you to return so that we may have the opportunity to fully impress you. Thank you for your review.