“Great restaurant”

Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Stowe
Truro, United Kingdom
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We ate in the Main Room restaurant of the Green Mountain Inn on both Thanksgiving day and on Christmas Day. On both occasions the staff were extremely helpful and pleasant and the food was excellent. The decor and atmosphere in the restaurant was first class on both occasions.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank reinmansmith
GreenMtnInn, General Manager at Green Mountain Inn, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
The Main Street Dining Room offers guests a casual atmosphere and a place to fully enjoy a hearty Vermont-style meal prepared with local, fresh ingredients and served by attentive staff. Thank you for your kind compliments and for sharing your enjoyment of the Green Mountain Inn. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Patti Clark

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (426)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 28 December 2013

My boyfriend and I picked this hotel a little by chance since it was our first time visiting Stowe, and we feel lucky we stubbled upon this gem. The hotel was simply amazing and is officially our designated place to stay for our next visit to town. Who could resist a heated outdoor pool, great breakfast, outdoor fire pit (complementary smore kit avail. at the front desk), an abundance of free parking and of course very clean rooms (bed was like sleeping on a cloud) and a welcoming staff. Aside from the actual hotel its location was perfect, we could walk to restaurants, a park with a great tobogganing and many little shops.

1 Thank moodemoiselle
We are lucky ones – we get to welcome wonderful guests such as yourselves and make your stay in Stowe absolutely exceptional. I’m thrilled that you both had an enjoyable experience and had the opportunity to take advantage of the many amenities that make the Green Mountain Inn a special place to so many. Thank you for sharing your gracious comments with all of us and please come back soon!

Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

We come to Stowe every year for Christmas and always stay at the Green Mountain Inn. The staff is top notch, the rooms are lovely, the food is excellent and the public rooms are charming and Christmasy. A great place for the holidays.

When many places are closed you can get a traditional dinner in the dining room or a relaxing meal in the Whip Bar. We opt for the latter.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank KarenH224
Traditions are wonderful things, especially when shared with family and friends, and we’re so lucky here at the Green Mountain Inn to have an amazing extended family to share so many traditions with! I’m so glad to hear that your holidays were made complete by staying with us and I’m already looking forward to greeting you next year at Christmas time. Thank you for your lovely review.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

I stayed here during my first trip to Vermont and I probably wouldn't consider staying anywhere else when I return to Stowe. Everything I could possibly need was walking distance from the hotel. The staff was incredibly friendly and the room was great as well. The heated pool is an awesome bonus. We took advantage of it both nights we were there. The hotel is a short drive from the mountain.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Heather K
Welcome to Vermont! I’m so happy that you chose to stay with us at the Green Mountain Inn and had the amazing experience of enjoying our newly-renovated, outdoor heated pool. Who knew swimming outdoors in the winter in Stowe could be so much fun? I hope you’ll return to the area soon, as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back for another amazing stay. Thank you for your review.

Boston
Reviewed 18 December 2013

This is my second time to Stowe for work and I enjoyed the Green Mountain Inn this time. It's a quaint, New England type inn. The rooms are a little small, but very cozy and clean. They have a weekly wine tasting, which I was fortunate to be able to attend. The restaurant, The Whip, is right downstairs and is fantastic! There are some shopping stores and everything is within walking distance. The staff is very courteous and helpful. They even have a spa with a gym and pool on-site. I would recommend staying here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
GreenMtnInn, General Manager at Green Mountain Inn, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
It sounds like you had the opportunity to enjoy many of the amenities that make the Green Mountain Inn a great place to stay! I’m so happy to hear that your dining experience at the Whip Bar & Grill was outstanding and that the service levels you received from our staff were impressive. We’re all looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future and thank you for your kind comments.

Newport, Rhode Island
Reviewed 9 December 2013

After spending a TON of time researching all of the different places in Stowe to stay, I decided on the GMI for my girlfriend and I's 5 year anniversary weekend and I'm glad I did. Here's what we liked.

I booked our room on booking.com for a deluxe room at a great price. A few weeks later I called the GMI and asked for a better deal and they gave me one. A week after that, orbitz.com had a great deal for a luxury room. It was actually cheaper to upgrade than keep my original reservation so that made me happy. The luxury room was excellent. It was in a building in the main lot which was very quiet and only had 8 units total. Our room was big and had a two person jacuzzi tub and a gas fireplace. We could look out our windows onto Depot street (Room 705) and watched Santa get pulled into town on the wagon. This room put us in the center of everything and they were really accommodating. The only downside is that the actual shower is very small and there is only one sink - i was expecting two.

I ordered chocolate covered strawberries and champagne for the room when we got there. They also have an outdoor heated pool and a firepit with free smores.

Stay here - you're in the heart of downtown and you can walk everywhere really quickly. Parking is a breeze and free!

Room Tip: I would choose the luxury package if you can. Jacuzzi tub and a larger room. Room 705 is in the fron...
2 Thank jonbellemore
GreenMtnInn, General Manager at Green Mountain Inn, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
I am thrilled that the Green Mountain Inn surpassed your expectations. It certainly was a treat to have you spend some time with us, especially for such a special occasion as your 5-year anniversary! The central location of our Inn makes our guest’s stays in Stowe almost effortless and I appreciate you mentioning how much enjoyment it added to your experience. I look forward to greeting you again in the future and thank you for your thoughtful review.

Cranston, Rhode Island
Reviewed 2 December 2013

First time visit: spent Thanskgiving weekend here with my boyfriend. Absolutely exceeded our expectations and would definitely return again. We stayed in a classic room. It was nice and cozy. If you're short, you may have to call the front desk for a foot stool to get in bed but they are provided at no charge. Clean, great service, and great location.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
GreenMtnInn, General Manager at Green Mountain Inn, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
It’s so nice to hear that your Thanksgiving holiday was made enjoyable by your stay at the Green Mountain Inn! Our high four-poster beds add so much to the true Vermont experience that our guest rooms provide and I’m happy so see you enjoyed them. Thank you for your kind compliments for our staff and for your review. I hope to see you again soon.