I stayed for a whole week at the hotel in order to visit the ski resort. It was a general pleaseful experience, but I think reviews are slighty overestimated. I recognize the place is good and very fair, but it is more inclined to a simple form of accomodation rather than an uforgettable stay like some reviwers are putting. The inn is a historical site, very well mantained and in good conditions. It does have an elevator and parking is easy. Rooms are nice, I just think they abuse the use of wallpapers and tend to offer a slightly kitsch environment but ok. Bathroom was always colder than room, even adjusting the main temperature all the time (-2F outside). Pool was closed. Good wifi and TV. Staff was always nice and promptly answered all the questions we had. Breakfast was good, they have a 2 option meal, one of them includes omlets, waffles etc and the other is basically dairy and carbohydrates. There is a convenient shuttle provided by the town that goes up to the mountain; location is very good. Restaurant in site (Whip) is good and there are others nearby. Would stay here again if I ever return to Stowe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautifully restored historic inn blending classic country charm and modern amenities in the heart of Stowe village. Offering over 100 quaint rooms, suites, townhouses and apartments, many with fireplaces and Jacuzzis. Enjoy sumptuous cuisine in two dining rooms - including the famous Whip Bar & Grill with outdoor terrace. Heated outdoor pool, afternoon tea & cookies, health club with Jacuzzi, sauna and massage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Green Mountain Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Green Mountain Hotel Stowe
- Green Mountain Resort
- Green Mountain Stowe
- Green Mountain Inn Stowe, Vermont