“Excellent value for money”
Review of Green Mountain Inn

Green Mountain Inn
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Stowe
Reviewed 6 February 2014

This was a bit of a find for our trip.

A well organised, friendly, comfortable hotel in a really convenient location.

We stayed in one of the Sterling apartments with living area/kitchen downstairs and bedroom upstairs. There was a fantastic amount of room in the apartment.

There was a fully equipped kitchen & dining area, a very comfortable lounge and a bed the size of Luxembourg!!

The Whip bar & grill was great for a laid back evening meal. The food was good & the staff were friendly and attentive.

Breakfast was also in the same restaurant and this was filling and served by really friendly staff.

The only downside, if I can find one, is that there can be some road noise in the morning if you are near the front of the accommodation. But hey, you were going to get up to make the most of the day anyway!!

All in all, top marks.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
GreenMtnInn, General Manager at Green Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

What a wonderful review! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us and I’m thrilled that you happened upon the Green Mountain Inn during your trip. Our staff work very hard to give our guests the most memorable stays possible and it seems their efforts fully impressed you! Thank you again for your kind remarks; I look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

My girlfriend and I recently stayed there for a weekend not having stayed anywhere in Stowe before and ended up being a great location and amazing amentities. They had a outdoor pool/hot tub HEATED POOL which came in very handy after a long day on the slopes. It is close to a couple of great restaurants, bars and the local transit bus. We even ran into the owner who found out we were up for my birthday weekend and treated us to a bottle of wine for a night cap. I would go back in a hearbeat and recommend it to families, couples or friends just looking for weekend away.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jim F

Thank you so much for your kind recommendation. It was certainly our pleasure to create the most enjoyable birthday weekend for you! I’m very happy that the Green Mountain Inn was your first impression of lodging in Stowe and I look forward to having you stay with us again and again. You are correct; our outdoor heated pool is an extra special treat and I’m glad you enjoyed it. We’re all very grateful for your feedback.

Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed three nights to enjoy skiing at Stowe. Rooms good, but need a little updating. The bed was very comfortable, all very clean. Fireplace gave it a little warmth and ambiance. The pool are was unsupervised with several people consuming beer out of glass bottles. Made me a little nervous about broken glass being about. The gym bathrooms were not as clean, but perhaps they are short staffed in these areas of the hotel. Whip has great food, nice ambiance, and friendly staff.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank eloquentone1
GreenMtnInn, General Manager at Green Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

I’m happy to hear that your recent stay at the Green Mountain Inn was comfortable and that you enjoyed your meals at The Whip Bar & Grill. I am however, a bit disappointed that certain aspects of your stay did not live up to our high standards of customer satisfaction and I am grateful that you have alerted me to these concerns. Your comments will be reviewed with our staff in order to re-emphasize our need to create the most inviting atmosphere for our guests and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

At the centre of Stowe Main Street,this is a charming Inn with all you would expect from a modern hotel. Friendly staff coupled excellent bar and dinning both dinner and breakfast. Close but not to close tho the Ski action. Enjoy.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

What a lovely review! Thank you so much for sharing just what made your stay special at the Green Mountain Inn and for your kind comments for our staff. I look forward to having you stay with us again soon and I thank you for your review.

Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

The Inn is absolutely great! I recently stayed for 5 days. The rooms, although small, are very well equiped and decorated with beautiful bathrooms. Food is amazing with the great Whip restaurant and breakfast served daily at a common area with very affordable prices. Location is also perfect, because it is in the center of the village. Shuttle service to the rest of Stowe and to the mountain. I will be back next year for sure. Stowe was a great experience for this first time snowboarder!!! I

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DesireeCasas

Snowboarding is so much fun; I hope you enjoyed your experience! The convenient location of the Green Mountain Inn makes it easy for our guests to fully enjoy our quaint village of Stowe and I’m pleased that your stay has inspired you to return next year. Thank you for your fantastic review and I’m already anticipating your next visit.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

I stayed with my girlfriend 5 days last week. It was an excellent experience. The facilities are beautiful and the hotel employees were always happy to help. breakfast in the morning was really good and in the evenings You could go down stairs to a restaurant called Whip, food there was delicious and prices seem to be average good. The hotel is located in the main street of Stowe therefore we walked to see all the attractions in the area. We were also able to take the shuttle buss that took us to the mountain and all other places worth seeing in town. I am already planning the trip for next year and bring some of our friends along!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ranier R

How wonderful that you and your girlfriend enjoyed your stay with us and were able to relax and fully enjoy the welcoming atmosphere of the Green Mountain Inn. I’m thrilled that you had the opportunity to savor the wonderful food at The Whip Bar & Grill and that our convenient location allowed you to make the most out of your stay. I’d be thrilled to welcome both of you and your friends next year for wonderful experience and I thank you for your gracious review.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the GMI for MLK wknd (fri-mon). It was our third visit to GMI and we always stay at the Mansfield house building situation toward the back of the Inn. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast is delicious and the wait staff remembers your name. Our room has a very comfortable bed and a jacuzzi tub in the room. It also had a living room with a tv. Right outside the Mansfield house is a gas firepit where we sat and roasted marshmellows. I believe its open 6-9pm daily. Lastly, the Inn is a short walk to a bunch of a small shops and a gas station where you can buy some groceries or beer.

Cons- the fireplace in the room was warm but it lacked in appearance. We arrived at 305pm (check in is 3pm) and our room wasnt ready. The front desk couldnt tell us when the room would be ready, but somehow they brought me the key while I was having a drink at the Whip Bar and Grill within 15 minutes. The Whip is inside the Inn and also has good food and friendly bartenders.

I'd recommend this to anyone who visits Stowe.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tom M
GreenMtnInn, General Manager at Green Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

I’m so glad you and your wife were able to spend a relaxing weekend at the Green Mountain Inn and have a chance to explore Stowe just a bit. You even had a chance to unwind at our new fire pit in the Mansfield Garden area; I’m thrilled you enjoyed it! We are working to make every area of our Inn especially pleasing to all of our guests and I thank you for acknowledging our efforts. I do apologize for any wait you encountered, but am very glad to see that you were taken care of quickly. It would be my pleasure to welcome you back in the near future and I thank you for your review.