“Lovely place to stay”
Review of Green Mountain Inn

Green Mountain Inn
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Stowe
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We stayed for 3 nights on a visit from the UK. We loved the feel of the place and the friendliness of the staff. Very clean and comfortable. We stayed in a luxury king fireplace suite and glad we did! Loved the fact that it felt like lots of little B&Bs together rather than a hotel due to separate buildings. we had the breakfast twice which was delicious - the BEST blueberry pancakes! YUM! Wondeful service at breakfast too. We weren't overly impressed with the food at the Whip bar and grill but the service and atmosphere was great. The only thing I would recommend is putting proper mugs and glasses in the rooms rather than us having to ask for them (especially in the luxury rooms - paper cups and plastic glasses rather spoil the effect! We did get them when we asked though) Thanks for a lovely stay :)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
GreenMtnInn, General Manager at Green Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I’m so glad to learn that you enjoyed the uniqueness of the buildings that make up the Green Mountain Inn. I do understand that plastic and paper cups can draw away from the ambiance that is present within our luxurious guestrooms, but offering individually wrapped cups provides a much cleaner environment for our guests. As you said, glassware can be requested if you so choose. It would be my pleasure to welcome you back in the near future and I thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Tried to book this hotel via Virgin Holidays this year, unfortunately it is not now in their ski brochure. This is a shame, as during my trip to Stowe decided to try out the bar and restaurant both of which were excellent. The staff were wonderful and the food top notch. I think Virgin have made a big mistake in dropping this hotel as it is a real gem. I would certainly book it if coming to Stowe again. Can't comment on the rooms as it was only a fleeting visit.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
GreenMtnInn, General Manager at Green Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

I absolutely appreciate you letting me know how much you enjoyed your experience at the Green Mountain Inn and I look forward to welcoming you in the future for an exceptional stay. It’s always great to hear that our staff and facilities made such a wonderful impression. Thank you for your kind review.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

We stayed for two nights in February at the Green Mountain Inn and couldn't have been happier. The staff was particularly helpful in choosing restaurants in the area as well as "off-the-beaten-track" places to cross-country ski. The outdoor hot tub is great, as is the heated outdoor pool. The breakfast was also very good. Didn't love the fact that, in the annex, you have to go outside rather than through a lobby, so next time will ask for a room in the main building. Bed was very comfortable and bedding great.

Room Tip: I would recommend requesting a room in the main building.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

It sounds as if your stay included many of the aspects that make the Green Mountain Inn such a great place to stay and I appreciate you sharing your enjoyment. Staying in the Main Inn does indeed have a special feel, however the varied selection of accommodations that we offer make it easy to have a unique experience each time you stay at our Inn. The pleasure would be all ours to place you in a room that fully meets your needs and I look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

The best: Year Round Swimming at an Outdoor Pool! The pool is full of steam and very warm in the winter. It is truly meant for the perfect dip. Also, a fully equipped gym equals a great workout before skiing. The breakfast is delicious and you are located in the center of everything. Restaurants, shops, and the mountain is a short drive or a quick walk away.

Room Tip: Try to choose a room away from the elevator. It makes a loud beep.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Meep4444

Enjoying a soothing dip in our outdoor, heated pool is truly a wonderful experience and I’m thrilled that your stay included that and more! The Main Street location of the Green Mountain Inn makes it easy for our guests to fully explore Stowe and still be close to a comfortable place to relax and unwind after a full day. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and I thank you for your kind review.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

It’s in the center of Stow. Lots of parking behind the hotel.
We did not stay in the main hotel and that was just fine. I like the house we were in more than the main hotel.

The Good:
Rooms was big, clean and the beds are very comfortable.
Beds are very high off the ground and we had fun with it, but do keep that in mind.
Fireplace (gas) heated room very quickly and we had to trun it off because it made the room to warm.
The room was very clean and so was the bathroom.
Breakfast was ok, lots of cake and pastries etc, if that’s your thing. The have some eggs and horrid bacon. They also offer pancakes and sweet stuff like that for breakfast if you pay extra.
No espresso or latte. Service was 6/10

The lunch/dinner restaurant was hit and miss. We had dinner there one night only. Service was good. My first steak was terrible, but when I complained it was replaced very quickly with a nice one. Drinks in the bar are strong and very well made. Excellent Bloody-Mary

The Bad:
The shower is very small and the water pressure it terrible. Worse shower ever in any hotel.
The outdoor, heated pool is ok, not that big and not that warm, we got cold after a while. The hot tub is next to the pool and tiny, while very warm.
The bathrooms are far and a bit of a walk. The floors in the bathrooms were a mess due to people walking there in their muddy boots. If it raining or snowing, you have no place to hang your towel or bathrobe near the pool. Towels are so thin and old and threadbare it was really not pleasant.

Would I stay here again? Maybe if the rate was a 100 a night cheaper. Paid 265+tax+service fee. Also there are no other real options in the middle of town.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

I certainly appreciate you taking the time to share your perspective of your recent stay at the Green Mountain Inn. We work very hard to provide the most comfortable and memorable experience for each of our guests and I do apologize if your stay did not exceed your expectations. I will personally share your comments with our staff in order to improve upon what we offer. Our website is a great place to browse for special offers and packages that can help with making your next stay more affordable. Thank you for your review and please come and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

I spent 8 nights in one of the superior rooms; it was truly wonderful! Fire, jacuzzi bath, warm, comfortable and spacious.....what more is there to want and hope for.

The staff were extremely polite, helpful and determined to ensure that all customer needs were met.

When i return to Stowe next year to ski.....there is no need to spend any time looking for accommodation......this place cannot be beaten for quality and for value for money.

The Inn is perfectly located within Stowe and very convenient for the mountains etc. The only way to adequately describe Stowe, the Inn and the surrounding area is to liken it to living in a Disney Film......it was beautiful!!

Room Tip: The rooms in the Mill House are SUPERB!....i am sure the others are equally good but my experience i...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank KevinEssex_UK
GreenMtnInn, General Manager at Green Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Your review so accurately describes what we strive to achieve with every guest’s visit to the Green Mountain Inn and I thank you for taking the time to share with us. Just to hear that you will look no further for accommodations when you return to Stowe makes me very happy. From our central location to our dedicated staff, our Inn makes your stay memorable and we can’t wait to have you visit with us again. Thank you for your gracious review.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

This was a bit of a find for our trip.

A well organised, friendly, comfortable hotel in a really convenient location.

We stayed in one of the Sterling apartments with living area/kitchen downstairs and bedroom upstairs. There was a fantastic amount of room in the apartment.

There was a fully equipped kitchen & dining area, a very comfortable lounge and a bed the size of Luxembourg!!

The Whip bar & grill was great for a laid back evening meal. The food was good & the staff were friendly and attentive.

Breakfast was also in the same restaurant and this was filling and served by really friendly staff.

The only downside, if I can find one, is that there can be some road noise in the morning if you are near the front of the accommodation. But hey, you were going to get up to make the most of the day anyway!!

All in all, top marks.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

What a wonderful review! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us and I’m thrilled that you happened upon the Green Mountain Inn during your trip. Our staff work very hard to give our guests the most memorable stays possible and it seems their efforts fully impressed you! Thank you again for your kind remarks; I look forward to having you stay with us again soon.