We stayed here for 3 nights in APril. The snow was still on the mountains and we could have gone skiing but it would have worked out quite expensive for a lesson and gear hire. The Inn is on the main road but the side rooms, we were in 210 are not noisy. The staff are really friendly here and the room which was a queen deluxe i think was very spacious.
The swimming pool was upgraded and there is an outdoor and indoor jacuzzi. Both are quiet this time of year. The gym is good and there is a small games room. We had a great time.
There is a great little diner behaind the inn which did good veggie burgers as well. Breakfast has been the best so far. Apparently, the banana bread is better than i make ! There is a little cinema in Stowe, the Ben and Jerry factory, and the cider mill as well as the Vonn Trapp family lodge which are all nearby.We had our first experince of walking on snow shoes here and called down to the Sugar House to see maple syrup being made.
We also ate a great pizza place called Picassos and there is even a cinema in the town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautifully restored historic inn blending classic country charm and modern amenities in the heart of Stowe village. Offering over 100 quaint rooms, suites, townhouses and apartments, many with fireplaces and Jacuzzis. Enjoy sumptuous cuisine in two dining rooms - including the famous Whip Bar & Grill with outdoor terrace. Heated outdoor pool, afternoon tea & cookies, health club with Jacuzzi, sauna and massage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Green Mountain Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Green Mountain Hotel Stowe
- Green Mountain Resort
- Green Mountain Stowe
- Green Mountain Inn Stowe, Vermont