“Get-Away in the middle of a picturesque village”
Review of Green Mountain Inn

Green Mountain Inn
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Stowe
Portland, Maine
“Get-Away in the middle of a picturesque village”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Second trip here. Reception is courteous and helpful even checking me into my room before 10AM. Free wi-fi. Room was small but the full-size canopy bed was VERY comfortable (lots of different kinds of pillows too), but the bed is VERY high off the ground -- short folks be warned. Little porch right off the room overlooked the modest pool. I was here for a wedding and the staff seemed very invested in helping to make it a great day. I got hung up on the website and had to exit and start over. Otherwise, a fine experience. A great jumping-off point for exploring this area of VT. (Less than 10 miles north of Interstate 89). The entire village is walking distance from the hotel.

Room Tip: Lots of options in multiple buildings -- some antique and some very modern, some quiet, some right o...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
GreenMtnInn, General Manager at Green Mountain Inn, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
I am so glad you took the time to let us know about your recent stay at the Green Mountain Inn and I hope you fully enjoyed the wedding you attended. You are correct; our staff makes it their highest priority to ensure that our guests have an exceptional experience and I thank you for noticing their efforts. I look forward to greeting you again in the future and thank you for your kind comments.

Patti Clark

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (422)
Bedford, New Hampshire
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We spent a wonderful weekend at the Green Mountain Inn for our first anniversary and were so pleased. Everyone was welcoming and helpful and the room was very clean. The room had many charming details of an old inn including a beautiful four poster canopy bed yet the bathroom was modern - a nice mix. We stayed in room 201 and were loved it. This room has a shared balcony overlooking Main Street that we enjoyed, but if you want complete quiet this might not be the room for you. What we loved most about the Green Mountain Inn was our ability to park our car for the weekend and walk everywhere. The inn is located near restaurants, the rec path (see my past review!) and cute shops.

Room Tip: Rooms 201 and 202 overlook main Street with a shared balcony.We loved it but it can be noisy and not...
1 Thank AdrienneC470
The convenient location of the Green Mountain Inn gives our guests the ability to enjoy the quaint village of Stowe just by stepping outside of their rooms. Taking a stroll about town is the perfect way to make sure you don’t miss anything; from amazing handmade craft boutiques to eccentric little bistros, Stowe has it all. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and I look forward to welcoming you back again and again.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Although I only had one night here, not nearly enough to fully explore and make the most of this wonderful property, I would certainly return.
Our group was split throughout several buildings, but all seemed to have amazing rooms and the most comfortable beds. I also recall the AC was perfection as I am always warm!
The room was large with jacuzzi style bath and amazing four poster bed. Also a fireplace for the cold nights if required.
I stayed in room 707 and could not fault it. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Wonderful pictures! Thank you for sharing. I am pleased to hear that your group enjoyed themselves while at the Green Mountain Inn. It was our pleasure to ensure that everyone had a comfortable stay and I hope that in the future, should you return; that you will be able to spend a little more time enjoying our Inn. Thank you for your kind review.

Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We spent a weekend vacationing in Vermont. We could not have picked a better choice for our stay than Green Mountain Inn. The suite we got (Spruce suite) was luxurious in every way, spacious with beautifully crafted furnishings and courteous, friendly staff. The place is conveniently located.The breakfast was excellent.

Room Tip: Spruce suite
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
What a wonderful review! Thank you so much for sharing how much you enjoyed your getaway to Stowe and your stay at the Green Mountain Inn. We strive to provide our guests with the utmost in comfort and a true Vermont feel and it seems we met that goal with you. It would be our pleasure to have you return and I am so grateful for your kind compliments.

Vermont
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stay at the Green Mountain Inn a few times a year. Once in the warmer season and once for the winter season.

Always a great stay, good breakfasts, clean rooms and great service (what else can you ask for)?

Although we didn't use the pool this stay, it was open for the summer and looked great. They have moved the hot tub from inside one of the buildings to outside - love the new location!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
I am thrilled to hear that you get to experience Stowe in two different seasons! It truly is a place that takes on many changes throughout the year. Thank you for your compliments regarding our renovated pool and Jacuzzi area; it’s one of my favorite places at the Inn! We are all looking forward to your next visit to the Green Mountain Inn and I thank you so much for spending the time to post a review.

Ontario
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stopped over in Stowe on our way elsewhere and decided to stay at the Green Mountain Inn. We loved the room, ended up eating dinner and breakfast the next morning at the Inn also. Staff is friendly and attentive. The room was spectacular with everything you could want. Dinner was excellent in the Whip and breakfast was great in the main restaurant. We'll be back for sure.

Room Tip: We were in a separate building in the back - wonderful - like staying in an elegant house.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Whether it’s a planned trip or a stay by chance, I am so pleased that we had the opportunity to welcome you to the Green Mountain Inn. I love hearing that your experience has inspired you to return and I do hope that it’s soon. Hopefully the weather will cooperate more and let you have the chance to explore our beautiful village of Stowe. Thank you for your kind review.

Rockport, Maine
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here while on a short vacation. We are from Maine but had not been to Stowe before. We came away glad that we chose the Green Mountain Inn for our first experience. First, it is centrally located in downtown Stowe, close to everything it has to offer. We actually saw a play at the nearby playhouse while there. The property itself has a restored original inn, and then a newer section that has suites with fireplaces. We really like the entire experience and think you will too.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
GreenMtnInn, General Manager at Green Mountain Inn, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for choosing the Green Mountain Inn as your accommodations during your first visit to Stowe! I’m thrilled that you and your wife were able to have a memorable vacation while here and hope that you will return and stay with us when you are in the area again. I’ll be sure to pass along your compliments and I thank you for your review.