“Excellent”

Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Stowe
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

With the exception of the small room we loved it. Comfortable with a great New England feel, it's quaint and well decorated. The service is excellent and the restaurant is very good. The location is close to many restaurants. We went in the summer and don't ski, so I can't comment on how it fares during ski season.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
GreenMtnInn, General Manager at Green Mountain Inn, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Whatever time of year you visit the Green Mountain Inn, the area always has something unique to offer. From world-class skiing in the winter to amazingly beautiful hiking trails and swimming holes in the summer, Stowe has it all. Thank you for letting me know how much you enjoyed your stay. I’m glad to see you had a chance to enjoy The Whip Bar & Grill and I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Patti Clark

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (422)
Stuyvesant, New York
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Let me start with the positives: the staff was very friendly, very helpful. The little front porch is nice for reading the paper and watching the traffic go by. Now the negative: the room was 80 degrees when I checked in. Something or another about … the cooling system not working well when the outside temps are 60. When I check into a hotel, I'm leaving my problems behind. If I want heating and cooling system problems I would stay at home. Imagine having the use the air conditioner in early June in Vermont (I hate air conditioning). The excess heat, I assume was coming from the hot water pipes … because the heating system wasn't on. I've never had such a strange experience at an inn. I was refunded 50 dollars, which I appreciate. And again, the staff could not be more friendly. But the place has some problems that a friendly staff simply cannot fix. Also, the room looked out on a parking lot and the entrance to another part of the inn. Lights from that entrance filtered into my room, creating the feeling of being next to a 7/11. And the restaurant food … mediocre. Yep. Again, friendly staff but the place does not take food seriously.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank ken l
GreenMtnInn, General Manager at Green Mountain Inn, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Your review concerns me greatly and I sincerely apologize for the experience that you have described. You did everything right by reaching out to our staff with the hopes of finding a solution, and it seems that they worked to try to improve your experience, which I’m happy for. However, this is not at all what we want you to remember of your trip to Stowe. I am hoping that you will come and stay with us again in the future where we can fully impress you with everything the Green Mountain Inn has to offer. Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your stay.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Very small room , not able to open widows because of air co noise on roof. Charge on bill for dinner that I did not have because their system does not seem to require to produce evidence that you are in that room nor does it require a name. Have stayed there before and got much better room and much better service. Wrote to hotel the day after I left, still awaiting reply

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank inge c
It seems there were several areas within your stay where we could have worked harder to give you the exceptional experience you desire from our Inn. For that, I apologize and hope to see you again in the future where we can re-gain your trust in us. I will personally look into your correspondence and I thank you for alerting me to your concerns.

Wellfleet, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We loved everything about GMI.

We had a Jr. Suite in Mansfield House and it was roomy with beautiful furnishings and a large bathroom and separate sitting area. Because many of these rooms are nestled in trees, if you want a sunny room, ask for one. Otherwise, they could be on the dark side.

Really enjoyed The Whip. The food was wonderful (can't go wrong with Statler chicken breast and cheddar cheese) and an end of night cocktail at the new bar is always fun. Bartender Derek is excellent and makes a fine Espresso Martini.

If you need a massage, don't pass up Village Massage. Kate was fantastic and knew how to pull the stress out of my shoulders and neck.

The location could not be better. We will return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bruce B
I can’t thank you enough for your wonderful review of the Green Mountain Inn, The Whip Bar & Grill and Stowe Village Massage. While we all work together to offer the best experience to our guests, I am thrilled to read that you had the opportunity to relax and just enjoy your time in Stowe. It would be my pleasure to share your gracious compliments with our staff and also to welcome you back to our Inn very soon. Thank you again for your review.

Portland, Maine
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Second trip here. Reception is courteous and helpful even checking me into my room before 10AM. Free wi-fi. Room was small but the full-size canopy bed was VERY comfortable (lots of different kinds of pillows too), but the bed is VERY high off the ground -- short folks be warned. Little porch right off the room overlooked the modest pool. I was here for a wedding and the staff seemed very invested in helping to make it a great day. I got hung up on the website and had to exit and start over. Otherwise, a fine experience. A great jumping-off point for exploring this area of VT. (Less than 10 miles north of Interstate 89). The entire village is walking distance from the hotel.

Room Tip: Lots of options in multiple buildings -- some antique and some very modern, some quiet, some right o...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
GreenMtnInn, General Manager at Green Mountain Inn, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
I am so glad you took the time to let us know about your recent stay at the Green Mountain Inn and I hope you fully enjoyed the wedding you attended. You are correct; our staff makes it their highest priority to ensure that our guests have an exceptional experience and I thank you for noticing their efforts. I look forward to greeting you again in the future and thank you for your kind comments.

Bedford, New Hampshire
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We spent a wonderful weekend at the Green Mountain Inn for our first anniversary and were so pleased. Everyone was welcoming and helpful and the room was very clean. The room had many charming details of an old inn including a beautiful four poster canopy bed yet the bathroom was modern - a nice mix. We stayed in room 201 and were loved it. This room has a shared balcony overlooking Main Street that we enjoyed, but if you want complete quiet this might not be the room for you. What we loved most about the Green Mountain Inn was our ability to park our car for the weekend and walk everywhere. The inn is located near restaurants, the rec path (see my past review!) and cute shops.

Room Tip: Rooms 201 and 202 overlook main Street with a shared balcony.We loved it but it can be noisy and not...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AdrienneC470
The convenient location of the Green Mountain Inn gives our guests the ability to enjoy the quaint village of Stowe just by stepping outside of their rooms. Taking a stroll about town is the perfect way to make sure you don’t miss anything; from amazing handmade craft boutiques to eccentric little bistros, Stowe has it all. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and I look forward to welcoming you back again and again.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Although I only had one night here, not nearly enough to fully explore and make the most of this wonderful property, I would certainly return.
Our group was split throughout several buildings, but all seemed to have amazing rooms and the most comfortable beds. I also recall the AC was perfection as I am always warm!
The room was large with jacuzzi style bath and amazing four poster bed. Also a fireplace for the cold nights if required.
I stayed in room 707 and could not fault it. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Wonderful pictures! Thank you for sharing. I am pleased to hear that your group enjoyed themselves while at the Green Mountain Inn. It was our pleasure to ensure that everyone had a comfortable stay and I hope that in the future, should you return; that you will be able to spend a little more time enjoying our Inn. Thank you for your kind review.