Green Mountain Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Field Guide(Stowe)
Golden Eagle Resort(Stowe)
1,916 results
All reviewsmansfield housewhip restaurantluxury suitemiddle of townfour poster bedmain streetfire pitnew englandjacuzzi tubclassic roomcookiesmodern amenitieshotel restaurantbeautiful roomdowntown stowelarge bathroombaked goods
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My husband and I were married at the Inn this month, and it could not have been more perfect! The town of Stowe is absolutely gorgeous and has everything you could want to do to have fun. The Inn is so lovely and historic! We stayed in the Mill House in a romantic, cozy room with a fireplace and jacuzzi. It was spotless and the bed was the most comfortable we've slept in, other than our own. The food is outstanding-from the homemade raspberry turnovers and granola at breakfast to the Maine lobster and filet mignon at dinner. We took home two loaves of the Inn's honey oatmeal bread-it was that good! The staff could not be more accommodating and pleasant. They even helped us track down the elusive Heady Topper beer! We can't wait to come back next June for our anniversary!

Room Tip: The Mill House is separate from the Inn itself, and is quiet and private.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
GreenMtnInn, General Manager at Green Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Your review has definitely made me want to go and enjoy a meal at The Whip Bar & Grill right now! Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much our staff and facilities helped to make your special day so exceptional! Congratulations! I am so proud that the Green Mountain Inn was the setting for your beautiful wedding and I can’t wait to welcome you back again and again as you celebrate your anniversaries. Thank you for sharing your story.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed one night on business and found the Inn to be much as I expected having seen these reviews. A lovely property on the main street in Stowe with attentive and good natured staff. if I had a criticism my room was quite small and slightly noisy as it faced the street but the bed was comfy and everything clean and in good repair. I will stay again next time I visit this lovely town.

Room Tip: Ask for a rear facing room - those at the front are right on the street.
Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

I am so happy that your business trip to the Stowe area was made even better by your stay at the Green Mountain Inn! Getting a great night’s sleep is so important and I’m pleased that you found your accommodations to be comfortable. It would be our pleasure to have you return and I hope it’s soon! Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed one night at Green Mountain Inn in Stowe, Vt. and would have loved to have stayed longer. The beautiful old Inn is excellently decorated and our room was comfortable and clean. We had cookies and lemonade in the afternoon and rocked in the rockers on the front porch. Stowe is a beautiful mountain town and I'm glad we added it as a destination on our recent trip.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
GreenMtnInn, General Manager at Green Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

I’m glad you added Stowe into your trip too! It was a pleasure to welcome you to the Green Mountain Inn and I’m so pleased you had a chance to enjoy our homemade cookies and relax on the front porch. We’re looking forward to having you stay with us in the future; hopefully for more than one night! Thank you.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed at the Green Mountain Inn in Stowe, Vt. for the first time earlier this month. Everything was beyond our expectations. Clean comfortable room, nice warm outdoor pool, the best customer service and food were all first class. Loved sitting on the front porch and watching the people walking their dogs. Although the town is small, it's cozy and we were able to walk Main street several times. We ate breakfast at the hotel and diner at another establishment. Everyone was kind and attentive. No pretentiousness anywhere. Hope we can go back up there for a few days next time. It's very relaxing.

2  Thank justdodoit

Relaxation is easily attainable around the Green Mountain Inn and I’m so glad that you were able to enjoy yourselves while here. From our spacious and comfortable accommodations to the quiet and cozy front porch, our Inn is the perfect place to unwind and enjoy the best of Stowe. I hope you can come back and visit us again too and I thank you for sharing your story with us.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Ask for the bed and breakfast plan and upgrade the room to one of the large suites. the room we had was the liftliner. two bedroom about 1800 sq feet in size. WE stayed for four days the service in the breakfast area and the food quality was excellent. The gentleman at the front desk was very friendly and helpful.The Whip Restaurant inside the the Green Mountain Inn is also a must stop for dinning out at night. We are talking about next year staying for a week we loved it so much. The green Mountain Inn and the town of Stowe is one of a kind, You can not miss this great hotel or this great town.

Room Tip: Call into the hotel
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank donn m

Your wonderful comments have certainly made me smile and I thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay at the Green Mountain Inn. I appreciate the kind comments you’ve shared for our staff and I will be sure to share them with everyone. We’re already looking forward to next year when you can visit us again. Thank you for your review.