“This Inn Never Disappoints -- True Comfort and Charm”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Green Mountain Inn

Green Mountain Inn
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Stowe
Silver Spring, Maryland
“This Inn Never Disappoints -- True Comfort and Charm”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Periodically I have the opportunity to stay here while on business in the Green Mountain State. It is a near perfect refuge -- warm, comfortable rooms, charming common areas, a front porch with rockers, and walking access to Stowe shopping and dining and the famous recreation path. Breakfast is always a treat -- too many tempting choices!

Room Tip: A room in the main building is a good option -- my room on this trip overlooked Main Street which wa...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
GreenMtnInn, General Manager at Green Mountain Inn, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
We all look forward to welcoming you back each and every time you visit Vermont. Thank you for sharing so many of the wonderful aspects of the Green Mountain Inn that help to make your stays enjoyable. It is always our pleasure to have you return and I look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you for your gracious review.

Patti Clark

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
Horsham, PA
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We only spent one night at the Green Mountain Inn. We booked online site unseen and were not disappointed. The room was clean, nicely decorated, and cozy. It had a mini-fridge and a Keurig coffee maker. The bathroom was spotless and modern. Every member of the staff was very friendly and helpful.

1 Thank PA_traveler13
I’m delighted to hear that you fully enjoyed your accommodations and the thoughtful amenities included, during your stay at the Green Mountain Inn. Our staff works hard to ensure that each and every guest’s needs are met and it seems we met that goal with you. I’d love to welcome you back in the future and I hope it’s soon! Thank you for your review.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed one night here with my daughter, and we both wished we could have stayed longer. Our room was absolutely amazing!!! We booked a "luxury room" through Gostowe.com for $197 including taxes and service charge. What we got was a massive suite which was gorgeously decorated and well appointed. There was a fairly large living room with tv, a pretty bathroom with a large slate tiled shower, and a very large bedroom with a cozy king sized bed and a double jacuzzi tub tucked into a corner alcove. It was heavenly. (Unfortunately, we didn't have a chance to check out the pool, restaurant, health club, etc so we can't rate those.) Overall, we found this to be an incredible place and a remarkable value!!!! We hope to get back there soon!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank guppy4
It would be our pleasure to have both of you return to the Green Mountain Inn in the future and I thank you for taking the time to let me know how much you enjoyed your brief stay with us. Hopefully, your next visit to our Inn will allow you the opportunity to relax at our recently renovated outdoor pool area, which is open year-round. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and please, come back and join us again soon.

Westfield, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I would have given this a "very good" rating, but after seeing the pool there's just no way......
I've stayed at the Green Mountain Inn a few times and always enjoyed it. Being in the center of Stowe, I love the location. We usually stay in the Mansfield House, which is a detached building. It's very quiet-- I like the red-brick walkway and all the flowers as you walk to the building. Very pretty. My biggest complaint is the pool and pool area which was recently renovated. As soon as we walked onto the patio, there were "slippery when wet" signs...and I noticed grey mats spread out around the hot-tub area, as well as 3 sides of the pool. The lovely tile someone had picked out, was very slippery when it was wet!! I would think the first step in pool 101 renovations, would be to NOT use tiles that are slippery when wet!! (Really!??!) So here they spent thousands of dollars on this beautiful tile, only to have to cover it up with non-slip ugly grey mats. For some reason, the mats were not placed on the far side of the pool where we were sitting, (where there was an entrance/exit ladder from the pool). Even though I told my daughter to walk carefully, she slipped and fell. She didn't get that hurt, and thankfully she didn't fall backwards and hit her head or something. I spoke with the front desk to let them know my daughter fell and to ask why, first of all, would someone use slippery tiles around a pool and also to ask why the mats weren't placed all around the pool. They apologized. But that was it. So, just be careful around that pool! Also, I noticed they put a bar in by the pool, which I felt was totally unnecessary... I don't think that alcohol and slippery surfaces mix well!!! One more thing... the pool lounge chairs were totally uncomfortable!! They are a mesh material that is hard and doesn't give. There are no cushions. My tail-bone starting hurting after a while!! Awful.

Room Tip: We got a suite in the Mansfield House, which is a building not attached to the main inn. It's q...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
GreenMtnInn, General Manager at Green Mountain Inn, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
The safety of our guests is paramount and we would like to assure everyone that the tiles meet the required specifications for this use. We want each and every guest to enjoy the amenities we offer and have a comfortable and relaxing stay. If you would like to discuss your experience in further detail, please consider reaching out to the property directly. I hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future for the exceptional stay that you expect from our Inn. Thank you for your review.

Hawkeye, Iowa, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on our family vacation out east. Loved the cozy inn nestled in the Green Mountain area of Stowe. The hotel has a lot of history but with all of the modern amenities. Our three young girls loved the pool area and outdoor fire area. We enjoyed every aspect of the inn just only wish we had more time to spend. We will definitely be back!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
I’m delighted to hear that your entire family fully enjoyed your experience at the Green Mountain Inn and that your trip to Vermont was made special by your visit. I absolutely look forward to having everyone return for another great stay very soon and I thank you for your kind review.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We showed up on a very busy weekend in Stowe and were ready to have a nice stay only to find out when I booked the room online I selected the wrong date and they were sold out!

Paul at the front desk was so helpful it was unbelievable, right away he set us up on the computer so we could try and find another hotel and when it seemed like our luck was running out he made a few calls and was able to get us in to another location just down the street.

All of that to say, we didn't get to stay here but came back for brunch the next morning and we are looking at dates for our official first stay at the the Green Mountain Inn!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
I’m so happy that you, at least, had a taste of the Green Mountain Inn and the service levels from our dedicated staff, along with an amazing meal. We are all looking forward to your return and I thank you for your kind acknowledgement of our staff. I will be sure to share your compliments with everyone. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I stayed in the luxury room. It was so quiet in the building, peaceful, and the room was great! The room was spacious, updated, very clean and it wasn't worn out or tired. The decor really spoke to traditional New England style which was nice. Everything was perfect! I highly recommend this hotel!

1 Thank Shana B
GreenMtnInn, General Manager at Green Mountain Inn, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
How wonderful it is to hear that your recent stay at the Green Mountain Inn was absolutely perfect! I love hearing that our pristine accommodations made your experience even better and I thank you for your gracious compliments. The pleasure would be all ours to have you return in the near future and I thank you for your review.