“Beautifull early 19th century country Inn set in excellent Stowe, VT”
Review of Green Mountain Inn

Green Mountain Inn
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Stowe
Fort Myers, FL
“Beautifull early 19th century country Inn set in excellent Stowe, VT”
Reviewed 31 December 2009

Staff were outstanding. Room was clean & very roomy and comfortable. Spa had best therapists I have ever experienced. Holiday decorations were beautiful. Afternoon teas including cider and cookies were pleasant and relaxing in library or living room by a blazing fire. Stowe and nearby Waterbury Center had a very large variety of free and for fee attractions. There was a plethora of outstanding restuarants. VT scenery including the snow capped mountain ski area was breath taking & I have lived in CO mountains. Plan on a return visit next year hopefully by train to enjoy scenic trip.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank jackpcwp

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (422)
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 31 December 2009

A friend recommended the inn and it got such great reviews on Trip Advisor that I was expecting something excellent. Unfortunately, the Inn fell far short of expectations from the get-go. Before booking, I called to inquire about availability and was told that they had a special rate for the one night that I wanted to stay. When I called to book, the man I talked to was very unfriendly and told me that it was a two-night minimum and that there was no special rate. The person who was supposed to call me back to resolve this never did - I should have just given up at that point, but I called back and after asking to talk to a manager, the clerk finally honored the rate/terms I was given.

When we arrived, the Inn looked lovely from the outside and the main house rooms are very pretty and quaint. The pub was very cosy and had a nice atmosphere. Our room, however, was very ordinary. I don't know what the main Inn rooms are like, but the clerk told me the luxury rooms were "much better" so I booked a luxury king. Visitors should know that the Inn is more like an in-town resort - with lots of added on, newly constructed buildings behind the main Inn. These buildings have very little charm. Our room felt like a standard issue, boring hotel room. Fake plants, dated furniture and old tvs. When we ran the jacuzzi tub, I had to leap out because there was a reddish film around the tub. For almost $400 a night, this was just not what I was looking for. I've stayed in a lot of lovely hotels, and this just didn't measure up. There aren't that many options in Stowe but I would not stay here again.

Florida
Reviewed 27 December 2009

We have stayed at the Inn about 6 times trying different types of accomodations. We have never been diappointed. Staff have a great blend of professionalism and friendliness - hard to find these days! Our December 2009 stay was perfect. The village of Stowe is great and the Inn is convenient to the slopes with or without a car. The Mansfiled House at the Inn is our favorite for upscale rooms but all the Inn's rooms are spotless, comfortable and well equipped.

Maryville, TN
Reviewed 23 December 2009

While traveling on business in Waterbury decided to try something different with local flavor. Just a quick 15 min drive down the mountain to my destination. Great decision! Clean room with very comfy bed. Not too hot or cold and drafty. The breakfast buffet is just right. You don't find better service in a any 'touristy' town. Check out the attached Whip restaurant and bar for a bite and or a cocktail. Again, Great service. LOVED the Green Mountain Coffee and Keurig brewer in the room. Look forward to returning:)

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
Connecticut
Reviewed 15 December 2009

We have stayed at this hotel for our anniversary several times over the past 10 years and have never been disappointed. The inn and it's up keep and quality have gone up every year. The staff is friendly and professional, the location is out of a post card and we always wish we could have stayed longer.

Rhode Island
Reviewed 9 December 2009

We have been gueats of the Green Mountain Inn,Stowe, Vermont for about the last 10 years. Each time seems better than the last. This visit my husband and I took our 3 daughters, son-in-law and 2 grandchildren (13 yrs and 10 yrs). The Inn is immaculate, the staff accomodating and pleasant, the food delicious! Our package included a complimentary continental breakfast which was wonderful! Our dinner at the Whip Bar was reasonably priced and enough varied choices for even the vegetarians among us.
The outdoor pool was a delight to our 10 yr. old grandson! The Inn was decked out for Christmas and beautiful! I cannot imagine a more suitable place to enjoy time away!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
loveinvermont
Reviewed 8 December 2009

My Husband and I first stayed at the Green Mountain Inn on our Wedding night in July 2007. Since then we try and go back for a romantic getaway every two or three months. The rooms are beautifully decorated, very clean and quiet and have wonderful amenities. We always book a room with a fire and Jacuzzi tub. We make dinner at the Whip part of our evening plans. We always get great service and wonderful food - the Potatoe Dumplings and French Martinis were this trip's favorites. Don't forget to pack a bathing suit so you can enjoy the wonderful outdoor pool. We love taking a swim in the evening when it is snowing out and then enjoying the hot tub!