“Excellent ski condo”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stowe
The Village Green at Stowe
Connecticut
“Excellent ski condo”
Reviewed 19 January 2010

Total of six people over MLK weekend 2010. Condo was great...5 minutes from Stowe Mountain Resort, on the mountain road. Clean. Plenty of room. Used indoor pool, sauna, hot tub. All in very good condition. Very good overall value. Sparse kitchen, so you may want to bring an extra pot to boil your pasta. And no WiFi in the room. You need to walk to the office to get a signal.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Hartford, Vermont
Reviewed 22 June 2009

The Village Green has a great location in Stowe, especially if you are staying during the summer or fall. Very close to the recreation path that runs through Stowe. It is quiet and there was a nice lawn in the back of the units where our toddler could run around. The units were spacious and two floors, which was nice for a week long stay.

And now the cons... Terribly, terribly, terribly uncomfortable. The beds were awful, the pillows were awful, and the couch and chairs were awful. Sleeping on the floor would have been more comfortable than any of the beds provided. The kitchen has basic supplies. The wallpaper was peeling off in both bathrooms. The carpets seemed as if they had been there for decades (which they probably have been) thereby seeming ratty and dirty. One thing to mention, is that they charge you for everything. I understand conservation efforts, however if you want anything done, new towels, beds made (any of the usual amenities that typically come along with hotel stays) they charge you (and then have the nerve to leave an envelope for housekeeping!). $15 for making beds, $25 if you want fresh sheets, etc... I could go on, but really the bottom line is that Stowe is great and I would definitely go back, but I would not stay at the Village Green again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Lehigh Valley, PA
Reviewed 3 February 2009

We were in Stowe to cross country ski for the week. I stayed in the master bedroom which had a king sized bed. We had one guest in the guest room and another visited for one night and slept on the roll away couch/bed in the living room. Everyone loved it at the Village Green. We used the jacuzzi, indoor pool and dry sauna to soothe our tired muscles. The kitchen had plenty of utensils. The mattresses were thick and comfortable as were the pillows. There was quite a lot of snow happening but the walkways were shoveled and the parking lots plowed in a timely fashion. The location was excellent and the front desk personnel helpful and friendly. The one lady was a little frosty...
I really liked it here. I'd never been to Stowe before and this was perfect.

• Liked — The open design, the spaciousness, the fireplace, multiple bathrooms, equipped kitchen...
  • Disliked — We had to back to leave and go back to work!
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
Midwest, U.S.
Reviewed 29 June 2008

WOW!!!! is what I have to say about our visit in Stowe, Vermont, and staying at The Village Green at Stowe!!!!

The JFK flight was four plus hours delayed from flying out to Burlington, Vermont. By the time we got to Stowe, it was dark.
The management was great in that they left explicit instructions for us after they were gone.

So, we woke up early in the morning in the condo....and, loved it!! We had stopped at the local grocery on our way in just to make sure we had breakfast foods until we could get our bearings in the area. When we got up in the morning, we were very pleased with our condo surroundings.

The staff was very gracious when we formally checked in the next morning. They offered to help any way they could with our visit in Stowe. We really liked their manner and attention.

Would we go back? In a heartbeat!! It may not be a 5-Star Resort....but, that's not what we want. We want a home feel to our stays, a quietness and a pleasant atmosphere.

Before people comment on properties, they need to know what they are looking for in lodging and how they interact with others.

We are all ready hoping to stay in Stowe again, at the Village Green!

• Liked — The Village Green has a great location, great ammenities and great staff!
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 2 March 2008

This property is located off Mountain Rd.,close to all facilites and shops. The condos are spartan, but very clean. Bedrooms are upstairs. Two TV's but no DVD player or stereo. The mattresses aren't the best, but fine if you like the hard type.
If you can get an available condo through sky auction at $1, the taxes and charges will run you about $316. Great value for March break for a full week. Great location for winter sports, hiking and shopping. Beautiful part of Vermont.

• Liked — very clean and basic
  • Disliked — lacked charm and a DVD player
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 2 January 2008

The very first thing I want to say is to go sledding at the elementary school in Stowe. Incredible FUN!!

We stayed at The Village Green at Stowe from Christmas Day through New Years Eve. If I were writing this on the first day I would have unequivocally said do not stay there but the place grew on me. I'll start with the cons and then tell the pros because I really felt the cons outweighed the pros.
Cons
1. Price....we paid $400/night and I expected to have a really nice experience. The condo was nominally outfitted and reminded me of a college dorm. The carpet was blue tweed berber, the furniture looked just like a college dorm and the decorating was sparse to say the least.
2. The staff basically told us they couldn't do anything when we complained about beds, lack of cooking utensils and pillows. At least one desk attendant showed NO remorse at telling us he couldn't help us in any way. I had to just walk out of the building. We were paying $400/night....he should have at least been apologetic. The lady at the spa at Stoweflake was more concerned about our situation than the desk attendant at the Village Green.
3. Our beds and pillows were TERRIBLE when we got there!! When we complained we were told that there was nothing they could do and basically they were sorry but too bad. Another desk attendant finally heard our pleas for help and did get us new mattresses. Our platform bed mattress went from being about 4" thick to about 7" thick....huge improvement. But alas....no new or additional pillows were to be had. There were 8 pillows for 6 people. The pillows were about 2" thick and very hard. My daughter and I finally ended up putting clothes under them so our heads would be raised enough to keep our backs from hurting
4. The place was clean and well-maintained but not new. The decor was dated and all the common areas were very small.
5.. Their internet room was an old office that still had other stuff in it and no computer so unless you brought your own you were out of luck. The internet area in the "recreation area" (Pinball machines, pool, air hockey, etc.) was a small table stuck out in the hall with two chairs. These were the only places that had wireless internet access.
5. The condo had one frying pan and 3 pots. It is a tradition with our family to make spaghetti at least one time during a vacation. We couldn't do it because there was only one decent sized pot. When I asked if I could get another big pot, the desk attendant told me no. There was not a non-stick frying pan in the unit so we asked if they had any. They said no ...but we could go buy our own. Unbelievable!!!!!!
6. If you ran out of towels, linens, etc. and wanted more, they charged you for exchanges or additions. Now remember we are paying $400 / night.....and we couldn't get additional towels.
7. The condo did not have a washer/dryer. They had a coin-operated laundry you could use but nothing in the unit which surprised me considering the cost.
Pros
1. The size of the condo was very nice. It was comfortable for all six of us which was nice and was big enough for some separation if anybody wanted to get away from the rest of us. lol
2. It was clean and well-maintained. The windows were even really clean. The first day this was about the only good thing I could say about the condo.
3. The location was good. It was close to the town as well as the ski slopes and the ski shuttle stopped right in the complex.
4. There were lots of open areas to play in snow which I really liked. We made snowmen, snowforts, hit each other with snowballs and had a great time playing in the snow.
5. They did get us new mattresses after we complained and even let us use two mattresses for the sleeper sofa which is good considering we had my two sons sleeping there. My sons are 16 and 22 years old so they are adult-size. :-)

After the first night, we stopped at Stoweflake to ask if they had any availability. They didn't have anything that would accomodate all six of us but they did show us one of their 1 Bedroom suites. It was gorgeous! And their common areas, pools, etc. were exquisite as well. My son and his girlfriend had gift certificates for the spa and they ended up going over there to swim, hot tub, etc.

So the ultimate question in a review...would I stay there again. Probably not. The price was way too much for what I got. Overall, I was pretty disappointed in the price/quality ratio although the large living space was nice.

• Liked — Clean windows
  • Disliked — Pillows!!! Beds, some of the desk attendants, lack of response to our complaints, dated rec area
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank momof328210