“Large in door pool”

The Swimming Hole
Ranked #37 of 63 things to do in Stowe
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Swimming Hole is a local non-profit community swimming pool and fitness center located in the center of Stowe!
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Large indoor pool and a fun kids pool beside it. There is also a gym so you can exercise and swim in the same visit. It is missing a Jacuzzi/hot tub-which would have been great with the zero degree temperatures outside.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

So this is a really great recreation center for such a small community. If I were a Stowe local, I would definitely belong. We were visiting for the weekend and took our kids there for an afternoon of swimming after skiing. I found that it was very expensive for the hour and a half we were there. They even charged my husband to sit and watch the kids in the pool, which I thought was a bit much. BUT, the pool was very clean as were the rest of the facilities, the kids pool fun with the water features and slides, etc. Since our accommodations did not have a pool, it was the only option if the kids wanted to swim. I am from Vail, Colorado and I have to say that the recreation center there, with much larger facilities is $7.00 cheaper per adult than this. The kids did have a blast though and we will probably return on our next trip.

1  Thank bluebell98
Reviewed 7 October 2013

You be the judge. An hour at the pool or all day it does not matter;

Adults(18-64) $20
Juniors(6-17) $14
Seniors(65+) $17
Children 5 & Under $6

Family of 4 looking for a swim $68. Don't forget your towels or bring valuables!

7  Thank Bobb_VT
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Found it to be to expensive to swim laps.My wife and I felt that 40 bucks for the two of us to swim one hour was steep.It takes us less than a half hour to swim our 1000 yards.

6  Thank Bill S
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We went one beautiful Sunday afternoon and few people were there. I did notice that when I went by in the morning that it was a busy place. The water slide was lots of fun for adults and kids. The locker room was spacious and clean. There appeared to be lots of exercising machines. We went to swim.