“Killer Kiddie Pool, too bad we won't be using it”
Review of The Swimming Hole

The Swimming Hole
Ranked #46 of 59 things to do in Stowe
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Swimming Hole is a local non-profit community swimming pool and fitness center located in the center of Stowe!
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Killer Kiddie Pool, too bad we won't be using it”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I LOVE the kiddie pool at the Swimming Hole and would love it even more if I could bring my children regularly. The price, unfortunately, is way too high for me to consider doing so. I agree with the reviewer who suggests that nonprofit status should be revoked. I realize pools have high overhead, but between all their exorbitant membership fees and day passes, the leadership must be making bank! I can't believe they are asking members to donate on top of it all! It's plain mean to have such an awesome "nonprofit" facility nearby and be unable to use it b/c of cost. I have called and emailed the leadership numerous times about creating a punch card for parents with young children or some other system to make it affordable to use at less busy times (off-season, daytime) only to be met with 1. no reply, or 2. a cut-and-copy of their fees from their website. Not once have they made a deal for a local company. Boo to the Swimming Hole. I only gave them a 2 b/c their kiddie pool rocks. Too bad we won't be enjoying it.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank Anne F

New York City, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Large in door pool”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Large indoor pool and a fun kids pool beside it. There is also a gym so you can exercise and swim in the same visit. It is missing a Jacuzzi/hot tub-which would have been great with the zero degree temperatures outside.

Visited March 2014
Massachusetts
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 181 helpful votes
“Fun afternoon in the pool”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

So this is a really great recreation center for such a small community. If I were a Stowe local, I would definitely belong. We were visiting for the weekend and took our kids there for an afternoon of swimming after skiing. I found that it was very expensive for the hour and a half we were there. They even charged my husband to sit and watch the kids in the pool, which I thought was a bit much. BUT, the pool was very clean as were the rest of the facilities, the kids pool fun with the water features and slides, etc. Since our accommodations did not have a pool, it was the only option if the kids wanted to swim. I am from Vail, Colorado and I have to say that the recreation center there, with much larger facilities is $7.00 cheaper per adult than this. The kids did have a blast though and we will probably return on our next trip.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank bluebell98
Stowe, VT
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Just wanted to swim, not buy the place”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

You be the judge. An hour at the pool or all day it does not matter;

Adults(18-64) $20
Juniors(6-17) $14
Seniors(65+) $17
Children 5 & Under $6

Family of 4 looking for a swim $68. Don't forget your towels or bring valuables!

Visited September 2013
7 Thank Bobb_VT
New Ringgold, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Unhappy”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Found it to be to expensive to swim laps.My wife and I felt that 40 bucks for the two of us to swim one hour was steep.It takes us less than a half hour to swim our 1000 yards.

Visited August 2013