Stratton Mountain Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Black Bear Lodge(Stratton Mountain)
Average 3/5
Manchester View(Manchester)
Palmer House(Manchester)
Olympia Lodge(Manchester)
Very Good 4/5
All reviewslong trailwelcome centerlift linesunderground parkingski schoolbedroom condogreat ski resortnice villagegreat mountainfive minute walklove seatfull kitchenbase lodgenew englandski tripsun bowlthe main lodge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Although my stay was only one night and all the shops were closed, I really enjoyed my stay. I have never been skiing but my one night stay made me feel like I would like to try it. It definitely has the ski lodge feel to it.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

This place is truly a gem! Gorgeous views, gorgeous lodging, and the village is fantastic! The golf courser is also very well maintained, but not too difficult for the mid-handicapper. The staff are all friendly and helpful. We were here for a wedding, and it was a beautiful experience.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank DFrank17
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We came here for our annual mother daughter trip and it was our first time skiing/snowboarding. The staff was great and always helpful on the entire resort. Also, the resort made everything easy, from buying lift tickets, they were ready upon check in, to buying lessons, rentals and food. We only left one night. We were here 4 days.
We took skiing and riding lessons and had great instructors both times.I took two boarding lessons with Kirsten and she was great, I was linking turns by the end of my second lesson.
The food onsite was really overpriced. to give reference I think i paid $12 for a water, gatorade and a bag of chips. But it was right there. They also have a waffle cabin right atthe base, this was AWESOME!

Since this was my first time, I only went as fasr as the beginner lift but they had a ton of trails and tons of lifts. We did manage to take the gondola up and down just to site see at the top.

The tubing was also great, it was $20 an hour and it was a lot of fun!

Overall I CANT WAIT to go back, it was a lot of fun and the resort is top notch!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Stayed at Long Trail House in January 2014. This was our second stay here. The first time we stayed (Mar 2013), we were in a one bedroom unit that was fine, but pretty old. This time we stayed in a unit that was updated and much nicer. Part of the gamble here is that the units are all different so you don't really know what you're getting ahead of time- but it seems like they will all clean and decently cared for.

The Long Trail House is a great location for staying at Stratton. You can walk to the lifts and all the restaurants. We even went back to our room for lunch break during one day of skiing. We always love skiing Stratton and can't wait for next ski season.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NewYorker1025
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Just returned from an excellent 5 day ski trip to Stratton Mountain Resort. The conditions were perfect, well-groomed trails, friendly staff on the mountain. Felt like we had the mountain to ourselves at times!
Our kids took both the 1/2 day kids ski school program as well as a private lesson - they enjoyed both and liked their instructors. We also enjoyed an afternoon of tubing in the CocaCola Tubing Park in Sunbowl area (which should add a carpet lift instead of pulling you up the hill while sitting in your tube - but the hill is enjoyable)
Other items to note: very friendly staff in the rental and overnight storage, excellent waffles at the waffle hut, very good sandwiches and coffee at the Deli&Market in the village. Overall good restaurants with attentive staff (Grizzly's, Firehouse, Mulligans). The main lodge could use a large fireplace or two (to add to the lodge feel and provide some needed mid-day warmth) or they should actually light their fire pits outside. The main shops area could use an ice creamery & a Starbucks (although we found the coffee at the village deli & market was good).
We stayed at the Long Trail House, 2 bedroom unit - at only 850sqft it was cozy but clean - which was most important to us. The kitchen was stocked and clean, and the gas fireplace was nice to have. Only complaint on the unit was the blinds in every room were broken in some fashion which made enjoying our view of the mountain a challenge at times. The kids enjoyed the outdoor heated pool open to 10pm each night.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family