“Perfect for someone who is skiing/riding the whole time and just uses the room at night to sleep.”
Review of Liftline Lodge

Liftline Lodge
Reviewed 5 February 2010

This is a great place to stay if you're coming to Stratton to ski or ride all day and hang in the village at night. The rooms are really basic but you get what you pay for. The Lift Line is really inexpensive for being located so close to the mountain. I've stayed here probably 6 times in the last 15 years and never had a bad experience. I only use the room to sleep in. If you're looking for a quaint room with nice decor, do not stay here. If you want to ski and ride all day and not worry about drinking and driving, stay here! It's a younger crowd (I wouldn't stay here with kids) so people are usually running around all night. Plus, the outside hot tub is nice.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank tchando
There are newer reviews for Liftline Lodge

Reviewed 25 December 2009

Depending on what's your looking for, this may or may not be the hotel to stay in. While it's cheap and close to the mountain, the rooms are small and rustic. My room had an a half inch opening underneath the door to the hallway. The opening was big enough to let a lot of light in, which I found annoying when I wanted to get some sleep. I depleted the hot water pretty quickly by taking one shower. Aside from the room, the service was decent. The cleaning service made the beds with clean sheet and vacuumed the floor as you would expect.

• Stayed: December 2009
Reviewed 14 December 2009

Stayed here for the 1st time and LAST time. Old hotel rooms... sketchy personnel. Dated broken fixtures. Seemed to be the loudest place on the mountain. Called front desk b/c the people staying above us were loud as can be and no resolution. When checking out I had complained and The Manager at the Inn at Stratton stated that "well that is our cheapest lodging option" and "you should have stayed at the Inn at Stratton, at least we give you a breakfast and shuttle service." So even the personnel know that it's a dump! From experience when running a business you do not put the responsibility for poor service and deplorable conditions on the customer... I'd be weary of staying on the mountain... period! Check VRBO for local home rentals....

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank DanMat27
Reviewed 10 September 2009

I stayed at the Liftline many times in the past, and even wrote a positive review here. Well, I take it back. Stratton has really let this place go downhill, to the point I would never stay here again ... and would seriously consider Killington or another destination for a ski trip.

The highlights:
- Room had an overpowering musty, wet-dog smell.
- On check-in, we found a nice fat "body hair" on the toilet. Not in a hidden corner of the seat where well-meaning cleaning staff could have missed it, but proudly displayed, front and center.
- We lifted the sheets and found lots of hair in there too... shorter, darker men's hair on one side, and a woman's longer brown hair on the other. They hadn't even changed the sheets since the last guests!
- We stopped by the front desk (actually the desk at the Inn at Stratton) to complain, and they apologized and promised to send the cleaning staff over while we were at dinner.
- Cleaning staff maybe (hopefully?) cleaned the toilet and replaced the towels, but did not change the sheets.
- Called the front desk. Staff said the cleaners had checked the bed and "it looked fine." Feeling pretty exasperated by this point, I pleaded for them to just send over some clean sheets.
- Cranky older gentleman knocked on our door with fresh sheets. And waited there while WE stripped the bed OURSELVES to remove the soiled sheets.
- Our complaints to the desk staff, and a written complaint, got NO response. Most hotels would comp you a night, offer some other perk, or at the very least send a reasonable apology from the management.

This whole experience, plus the staff's nonchalance about it, left me with a bad case of the heebie-jeebies about staying at the Liftline, or any Stratton property, again. Which is a shame, because Stratton is my favorite ski resort in the Northeast. But if I have to pay a fortune to stay at a condo, I definitely won't be going as often.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank da Nut
Reviewed 7 April 2009

This hotel was atrocious!!! If you want to check in at night you have to walk all the way down to another hotel, because there is no one at the Liftline Lodge Desk. One of our family members slipped and fell on the ice that was not salted in the parking lot, and when we went to look for security they ignored us the first time when we asked for help. The cleaning service was shotty as well, they only came once during our one-week stay and were barely intelligible.
The room was a mess. There were someone's old clothes left in a drawer (!!!) and a food wrapper in another drawer from God knows when. The door looked like someone had kicked it repeatedly. One of the lamps was hanging by its wires from a ceiling and didn't work. The carpets in the hallways and in the rooms were dirty and full of wrinkles that could easily trip someone. The emergency sprinkler was rusty and didn't look in working condition. There was also mildew all over the bathroom, which was TINY.

No one in my family was satisfied with this hotel. If you are a ski bum who doesn't care about your accommodations, Liftline Lodge is great because you are a short walk from the mountain. Although, I would rather stay in a tent than in this "hotel".

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
5  Thank alix0019
Reviewed 22 February 2009

Too bad a rating of zero is not allowed. While Stratton remains my favorite mountain in VT, this lodge was beyond awful. We stayed here for 4 nights during President's Week when we expected it was overpriced (over $150/night). Aside from the location which was a comfortable walk from the slopes, I have nothing positive to say about this lodge and strongly recommend the Stratton Inn instead (which is no prize either but luxurious compared to this). Here is a short list of the major problems:
1. The 2 beds were beyond bad. Sloped and beaten beyond belief. Mattresses must have 20 yrs on them.
2. Room temperature was uncontrollable. Either boiling hot or too cold. We had 4 guys come to service it before it got tolerable. Thermostats are for decorative use only.
3. Lack of electrical outlets.
4. Lack of furniture. No usable drawer space or tables.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank NYWebTraveler
Reviewed 23 June 2008

I will say the sheets ans towels are clean, beyond that it was gross, someone had left a lot of food in the desk drawer in what seems like 1992
the hotel is very old blankets are paper thin tons of mold around, the ice machine was empty......etc...besides all that the location of Stratton is amazing, we will be back just not to the liftline

• Stayed: June 2008
#4 of 4 in Stratton Mountain
Long Trail House
Long Trail House
#1 of 4 in Stratton Mountain

Been to Liftline Lodge? Share your experiences!