“Been coming here every year since it opened.”
Review of Antidote

Antidote
Ranked #3 of 17 Restaurants in Vergennes
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Description: An unexpected, welcoming restaurant and cocktail lounge. Check out our updated Autumn menu, our indoor and (seasonally, of course!) outdoor seating, music, live concerts and events, local art, darts, foosball and and… Of course, all the good stuff you know Antidote for - great drinks, good company and welcoming atmosphere.
new jersey
“Been coming here every year since it opened.”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I very much enjoy the atmosphere and the food at the Antidote.
I always make sure to have a meal or two there during my stay at Basin Harbor. My family and I have never had a bad meal.

This time I had a pork platter and some regional beers both were extremely enjoyable. My favorite moment was watching the attractive woman sitting at the bar next to the maniquen.

If this review is helpful click the button. Thanks!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank quietmanNY

Swanton, Vermont
“An amazing place to eat!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

My partner and I love eating at this establishment. The food is always so delicious and fresh, and the staff very warm and accommodating. We visit Vergennes often and try to get there with each visit for either dinner or drinks. Every time we show up, they recognize us and really make us feel special. Cheers to the owners and staff!

1 Thank JSchuler82
Philadelphia
“Very happy with experience”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

6 of us visited Antidote during Labor Day weekend and I agree with previous review that this is a hidden gem. Food was delicious, interesting, and well plated. Local food is emphasized. Everyone in our party enjoyed their meals. I thought there was great value here also; the price was very good for the quality and proportion of food. If you're a big eater, you might be a little hungry with just an entree, but there are plenty of options. Highly recommend.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank immer-sonnig
Devon, Pennsylvania
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We wouldn't have known about this restaurant if we hadn't asked a waitress who was closing another restaurant because of the late hour. The food selections were excellent, the mixed drinks very good. We sat in the front part of this basement restaurant because we were forewarned that the band getting ready to play would be very loud (it was) and would preclude conversation.

Memphis, Tennessee
“Give it a try.”
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

But don't sit on the "patio." A fenced-off gravelly corner of the old building, the rambling basement of which Antidote occupies, didn't qualify as such in my opinion. The energetic barman waiting on me, however, made up for this. Nice beer & cocktail selection. I was nearly overwhelmed at the quality of their Caprese salad, featuring some of the ripest tomato slices I've ever seen. Frankly didn't know they'd be so large & flavorful this far north. And while the vinegary dressing for this was typical, the tartness of something on my main course pork belly tacos was way too prominent, nearly obscuring all other flavors. I suspected the in-house 'kimchi' The maple creme brûlée was also worth the stop.