“Kayak on the lake”

Button Bay State Park
Ranked #2 of 12 things to do in Vergennes
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I am a city person and I find myself loving every minute of staying at the park. I choose to kayak on the lake and I see one beautiful mountain after another. The houses surrounding the lake look like million dollar homes. For a few minutes, I wish I were living there. I also rent a lean-to for 2 nights and it is a very wonderful camping experience. I highly recommend visiting Button Bay State Park.

3  Thank JohnnyDoyle

Reviewed 13 October 2013

We didn't camp out, albeit we wished we had a camper! The lake is stunning, the grounds and trails are beautifully kept. Vermont should be very proud to offer travelers this treasure! Thank GOD it is not a federal park. Visited during the so called 'shut-down' .

1  Thank shoreviews
Reviewed 3 September 2013

State parks in Vermont make great biking tour stops. This one is right on Lake Champlain, close to good food, and perfect for a night or two.

1  Thank GhengisWan
Reviewed 29 July 2013

A good family venue, picnicking, swimming, short walks, camping. If you spend time here, make sure you also visit the nearby Kingsland Bay State Park as well, which has a walk around the peninsula which is among the most stunning short walks in the State.

4  Thank jcrystal
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We stopped here for an hour on our way up the coast of Lake Champlain & took the short hike. The hike leads through a lovely forest to a beautiful point on the lake. The side loop (Lake Champlain Trail) leads to a tiny rocky beach where we looked at the interesting fossils from an ancient sea including a large nautilus. We saw some birds, a turtle, & a snake. The map indicated that the hike was 0.5 miles one way, but we think it was more like 1.5 miles round trip; it's an easy hike over a well maintained trail with some gentle elevation change. The nature center was closed when we visited. Anyone who likes to stretch their legs a bit would enjoy this trail. Other reviewers have described the other facilities in the park.

1  Thank Lorraine H