Strong House Inn
Courtyard Middlebury(Middlebury)
US$157
US$120
Hotels.com
Days Inn Shelburne/burlington(Shelburne)(Great Value!)
US$92
Quality Inn Shelburne(Shelburne)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$87
QualityInn
G.G.T. Tibet Inn(Burlington)
US$87
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsseaside roomplantation roomfriendly hostsbreakfast each morningfour poster bedlake champlainstayed nightsnew englandshort drivebasin harbormaryhughvermontfireplacefallclosetbreweries
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We bought a package on living social - two nights, deluxe room, wine & chocolate, and $25 gift certificate. Here are my thoughts:

Pros -

1. Nice and beautiful Room (Seaside)
2. Friendly Innkeepers
3. Cute town
4. Black Sheep Bistro - I know it is not related to the Inn but I got a $25 certificate as a part of the deal to this restaurant and it's a great restaurant! $25.00 would be sufficient for one person if s/he only orders an entree and a drink.

Cons -

1. Breakfast was not high quality and not exciting. I've been to other BBs in Vermont and other states and they are 3x better than Strong Inn. What surprised me is that they didn't provide maple syrup (That's what Vermont is famous for) when they served pancakes. This affects my rating of the Inn because it's a Bed and Breakfast inn.

2. Wine/chocolates were a part of the deal - I thought that they would provide a local wine (there are two nearby wineries) but it turned out to be non-local/so-so quality. The chocolates - just a bunch of truffles made by Lindell. Nothing's too special.

3. While I am glad that I got a good deal ($275) for two nights, I wouldn't pay $210 per night to stay at the Inn and it's too high. Not to mention that you'd have to pay 9 percent tax and 18 percent gratuity! I have been to other BBs and they do not include 18 percent gratuity.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JsalP
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We had a wonderful weekend recently at Strong House Inn with our chocolate lab. We had been looking for somewhere we could go and take him with us and yet still feel pampered and in a beautiful setting. Strong House Inn filled all those requirements perfectly. Mary and Hugh are gracious hosts with good suggestions for walks with the dog. They even provided a dog bed and bowls for his water and food! The inn is lovely, with several acres of landscaped grounds and walking paths. Breakfast varied each day and each was delicious. Can't beat pancakes with Vermont maple syrup and Jones sausage (My mother always said it was the best!). Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2013

The epitome of a great experience is great service and this is exactly what Strong House exudes. Mary went above and beyond in accommodating the needs of my family members, one of which is going through chemo and has some dietary needs, and her kindness was appreciated by all of us. Mary spent time discussing the room options, before I booked, and she made excellent recommendations based on our particular situation. The rooms were excellent in both buildings. We were never made to feel like anything was a hassle. The setting and grounds were stunning and you have some great restaurants nearby in the little town (Black Sheep was great!). Thank you, Mary, for a great weekend!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Just got back from a nice 2-day retreat at the Strong House Inn- Mary and Hugh, the innkeepers, were super nice & charming. Mary spent a lot of time talking us through some of the nicest spots that nearby towns had to offer, and she really knows her stuff!

I was really impressed- loved the ambiance and friendliness of the staff- would definitely return in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Stayed at the Appalachian Room- very nice ambiance & electric fireplace & jacuzzi.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This B & B has it all! The themed rooms are clean, spacious and comfortable. The hosts are friendly and helpful with suggestions for scenic rides and restaurants. The breakfasts were wonderful! The scenery was breathtaking. We hope to return in the near future.

Room Tip: We had a fireplace room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple