“Beyond our expectations” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
woodbury, CT
“Beyond our expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

We have enjoyed staying at this inn about a half dozen times over the past seven years. We always enjoy the breakfasts, the inn's warm feel, the grounds, the comfortable rooms, the service.
This trip we booked two nights starting on New Year's Eve. New Year's Day morning we were called back home due to a family medical emergency. Less than a week later we received a voucher for a night's stay in essence reimbursing us for the paid night we had thought we were forfeiting when we had to leave early. We neither asked for the reimbursement nor expected it.
That's hospitality! That's how you create loyalty. We will definitely return. Thanks.

Room Tip: The Joslin Room is awesome!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank pianomandds

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Canton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

My husband and I just spent Christmas at the Round Barn, everything was wonderful, the staff went out of their way to help with dinner reservations being a busy time of the year. Our room was very cozy and clean, bed very comfortable. Food excellent. This might become a Holiday tradition.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Indiantown, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

The Round Barn hosted my sister’s wedding and the venue was absolutely wonderful. The staff was very friendly and courteous. The room was spectacular, from having my own fireplace to the robes and cleanliness I honestly can say this is one of the best places I have ever had the opportunity to stay. Breakfast the next morning was also a plus. I would have no qualms recommending The Round Barn to family and friends. Thanks to the staff at The Round Barn for everything.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Mary Beth P
Palm Harbor, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

I actually teared up when it came time to leave. I came up the week prior to Thanksgiving for a weekend cheesemaking course. I was amazed at the beauty of the place initially by simply looking at their website. But it's like the difference of someone showing you a chunk of chocolate and trying to explain how it tastes, or letting you bite into it. Words could never do the experience justice!
The staff is the genuinely friendliest anywhere (perhaps everyone in Vermont is that friendly - which they do seem to be). I parked the car on Thursday afternoon and didn't leave the property until Sunday evening. The food is extraordinary. Not a breakfast person, I found myself waking up at my usual 5-6 and counting the time until the 3-course breakfast was prepared with much care by Adam, one of the Inn's top-notch chefs.
Being from Florida, I found the roaring nightly fireplace intoxicating. My second morning there I opened the curtains to find an 18" blanket of pristine white beauty covering the entire valley and rolling hills.
This is certainly the perfect getaway for couples, but you might get a sense of how much I enjoyed it by myself !

Room Tip: The Terrace room is the only one on the lower floor with a magnificent view of the hills. It's l...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Johnny R
Sammamish, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Inn during October's magnificent fall color. The Inn, our room, the staff, were each wonderful. The breakfasts were outstanding. We weren't expecting and executive chef! We live on the west coast, but we are looking forward to another visit to the Inn at the Round Barn.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Jones Room. We enjoyed the sitting area to relax in during the evening. And the b...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ktsamm
Kilauea, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

Okay, I arrived to specially prepared for me, gluten free chocolate cookies, entered my beautiful quarters, private, sunlit, gorgeous views, comfy bed, everything perfect for the Princess and the Pea (that's me), gas fireplace that completely warmed the room, then great dinner recommendations, and breakfast... stand back! The food was five star, delicious, gorgeous... prepared to order, I asked for vegetable omelet from their garden, they served specially made for me gluten free biscuits with home made jam, the chef is a CHEF, the people who work at the Inn kind, lovely. You just cannot imagine a finer spot!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank MerlynKauai
JaniceHurleyHollis, General Manager at The Inn at Round Barn Farm, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience! Catering to guests dietary needs is very important to us and we always strive to ensure that all our guests have exactly what they need! We can't wait for your next visit and to share our other fantastic gluten free dishes.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

My husband (a retired Veteran) and I were very lucky to have been able to accept the offer of a free night stay in honor of Veteran's Day. What a fabulous time we had! The Inn is just beautiful and the staff were exceptional...from our check in with Andrew, our welcome from Janice, to watching the chef prepare breakfast (which was simply delicious) to our housekeeper! We can't wait to make a return visit...hoping before next Veteran's Day. Thank you again for such a great visit!

PS The afternoon teas and appetizers are wonderful!

Room Tip: We only had the opportunity to see a few of the rooms, but every one was nicely sized, beautiful fur...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed the BnB for Vets package. It was truly an honor to have you visit and the least we can do to thank you for your service! We'll look forward to your next visit and hope you get to see the inn during another fabulous season!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waitsfield
Sugar Lodge at Sugarbush
#3 of 15 in Waitsfield
West Hill House B&B
West Hill House B&B
#1 of 7 in Warren

Been to The Inn at Round Barn Farm? Share your experiences!