Lareau Farm Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Waitsfield
See available hotels
  • Pool
  • Spa
View Hotel
Rustic Restaurant and Motel(Northfield Falls)
View Hotel
All reviewsflatbreadthe mad river valleyback porchgrandma's housestep back in timetea cakesapple crispb bski staydelightful experiencea great place to staypancakeshiking trailscharming placeyogurtrelaxing weekendfront porch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The Lareau Inn is filled with wonderful employees who are always smiling and willing to accomodate your needs in the best way they can. I had a wonderful stay at the inn and farm. The owner George Shank runs a great business without comprimising his life beliefs and values. The food is phenomenal, made with love and local ingredients.The property is beautiful, laid out with buildings designed and built by George himself. The atmosphere is welcoming and warm, suitable for people of all ages.

Room Tip: Hope and Patience were splendid rooms
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 April 2013

My husband I were looking for a little R & R away from home that did not involve a lengthy travel from Concord, NH. This was just over a 2 hour drive in good weather. We decided to head to Vermont to get in a little snowshoeing and relaxation. The Inn provided just that! The room we stayed in was cozy and comfortable. I felt like we were staying with friends rather than just a weekend away. Lisabeth, the inn keeper, cooked a delicious breakfast of homemade pancakes with Vermont maple syrup and peaches with sausage on the side which we enjoyed in the family style country dining room. We relaxed by the wood stove which burned strong during our entire visit. Later, we headed out back onto the trails for some snowshoeing. When we returned, there was teacake on the kitchen counter to enjoy. Perfect after an afternoon out in the fresh mountain air. Instead of eating in the American Flatbread restaurant, we opted for take out which is only offered to guests on Friday nights and then hung out by the fire. Several other guests also enjoyed the comfortable and relaxing atmosphere along with good conversation among new people. Lisabeth, made sure that our stay was comfortable, offering suggestions of things to do, see, and places to eat. (She also cooked an amazing breakfast). Overall, we had a wonderful time and returned home feeling relaxed and refreshed. I highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2013

My fiancee and I found this gem earlier this winter and both fell in love. Its decorated with fun artwork and trinkets all throughout, always has a warm fire going but what truly makes the inn so special is Liz who runs it. She is a decorated chef who creates the most incredible breakfast's, has amazing advice regarding the area and has created that o-so difficult balance of making the inn both social while not overbearing. Its truly an amazing spot.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2013

not only best known for having the best breakfast in the valley, the best innkeeper (Lisabeth), and the best inn in the valley. A great place to hang out between skiing, boarding, shoeing, hiking, canoeing, or antiquing, or whatever you do

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I had a couple of free lift passes for Mad River Glen, and the famous telemark skiing festival there was coming up, so I wanted to get a room fairly close to the mountain, but also close to the town of Waitsfield for apres ski activities. This fit the bill nicely, as it is near the intersection of Rt 100 and the road to MRG (also the northern section of Sugarbush; just go south on Rt 100 from the inn for the rest of Sugarbush), and continue north on Rt 100 for Waitsfield. It is also located next to American Flatbread, a culinary highlight in this area. A guest here gets priority in the waiting list for a table here, so I went Thursday night and did not wait long for my table. Great food, attention to ingredients -- this ain't "greek pizza" at the mini-mall.

So I arrived late Wednesday evening, and saw the letter with directions to my room in the foyer. "Rode into Lareau Farm Inn, was feeling 'bout half-past dead,"* just hoping the double bed in the room w/o private bath I reserved would be easy to find. Got to the room the letter directed me to. Name on the room was not the one I reserved, but opened the door anyway, and a big queen size bed with a beautiful quilt was there. Put my stuff inside, and used the private bath inside in preparation for bed. I really was half-past dead because it was not til the morning I said to myself, hmm, private bath -- not in the room I reserved. Will have to speak to the innkeeper about that.

Went down to the beautiful country dining room for breakfast, and mentioned the room situation to Lisabeth the innkeeper. She said since they were not fully booked, she upgraded me. Thank you Lisabeth!!

After her great breakfast -- the pancakes with a creamy cheese filling were memorable -- off to great snow and skiing at MRG, then back to clean up, and then walk ten steps to American Flatbread.

The wood stove was nice to come home to in the living room, which helped dry out my ski boot inserts.

I am a satisfied customer, and will recommend this place to others for skiing or any other reason to be in the beautiful Mad River Valley.

* Apologies to Robbie Robertson.

Room Tip: I stayed in "Joy," which would be a nice, romantic choice for a couple.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo