“Wonderful place and people!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lareau Farm Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waitsfield
Lareau Farm Inn
Ranked #10 of 15 Waitsfield B&B and Inns
Toledo, Ohio, United States
“Wonderful place and people!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

This is without a doubt the best B&B I have ever stayed in. My two kids (20 and 13) and I stayed here on a last minute whim to go to VT for the weekend. Although it was the first weekend of the local art festival, and I called at the last minute, they arranged the rooms so that we could all be comfortable. The stay was amazing -- the people are all kind, informative about the area and things to do, and very accommodating. The breakfast was amazing and the kids loved it! We woke up early the second day and made sure we were hungry so we could enjoy it more! Local, organic ingredients, freshly made right there. Sausage from a local farm across the street, organic milk and butter, all local veggies. The decor is comfy and bohemian chic, and very welcoming. Next to the kitchen they stock snacks, coffee, tea, hot cocoa, and my daughter and I had fun before bed snacking and playing games in the comfy game room. In the morning, the view from the patio is gorgeous, sipping coffee and planning the day next to the river was incredibly relaxing. All the people who run the place are thoughtful and kind, and go out of their way with little touches that made all of us smile. I raved about it to my husband, and we can't wait to plan a trip back there next summer! So much to do and see in the area in the summer (sightseeing at Sugarbush, kayaking, hiking, visiting wineries and restaurants, etc.) Truly a special place.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Philly
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

This past weekend my family and friends stayed at the Lareau Farm. We had the rehearsal dinner for our son's wedding at the Farm. The food was delicious. And the accomodating way of the staff made the entire time a delight. Our party ranged in age from 19 months to 80 years old and we had a dog…each person had a GREAT time. The breakfasts were unusually good. The freshly baked pies and cakes were beyond belief. It's an old style farm house and you feel at home. If you like to sit on the back porch and chat or read, this is the place for you. There is a big field where the children(young & old) can play.

Room Tip: LOVE is downstairs…but there is only the big whirlpool tub. Great for the kids. We showered upstai...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

The Lareau Farm Country Inn is an exceptional jewel for any traveler who wants to explore the essence of having a very Vermont experience! The time I spent there recently was such a joyful pleasure from the moment I drove up the driveway looking at the red barn, I felt like I was ‘at home’ here. As I walked inside the wrap-around porch, I entered the coziest of surroundings which I so greatly appreciate. The staff is very attentive and Lisabeth, who runs the place, provides you with an atmosphere that is hard to forget. The food is unbelievable (loved hearing the ‘Bacon’ bell in the morning).The overall ambience of Lareau Farm Inn, is so incredibly relaxing and peaceful from start to finish. The Mad River is located on one side with open fields and woods nestled on the backside. Having been a meeting planner for a number of Fortune 100 companies for well over 25 years, I would highly recommend this remarkable, memorable Country Inn to anyone who wants to find themselves in a little slice of heaven in Vermont.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

The Lareau Inn is filled with wonderful employees who are always smiling and willing to accomodate your needs in the best way they can. I had a wonderful stay at the inn and farm. The owner George Shank runs a great business without comprimising his life beliefs and values. The food is phenomenal, made with love and local ingredients.The property is beautiful, laid out with buildings designed and built by George himself. The atmosphere is welcoming and warm, suitable for people of all ages.

Room Tip: Hope and Patience were splendid rooms
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Concord, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

My husband I were looking for a little R & R away from home that did not involve a lengthy travel from Concord, NH. This was just over a 2 hour drive in good weather. We decided to head to Vermont to get in a little snowshoeing and relaxation. The Inn provided just that! The room we stayed in was cozy and comfortable. I felt like we were staying with friends rather than just a weekend away. Lisabeth, the inn keeper, cooked a delicious breakfast of homemade pancakes with Vermont maple syrup and peaches with sausage on the side which we enjoyed in the family style country dining room. We relaxed by the wood stove which burned strong during our entire visit. Later, we headed out back onto the trails for some snowshoeing. When we returned, there was teacake on the kitchen counter to enjoy. Perfect after an afternoon out in the fresh mountain air. Instead of eating in the American Flatbread restaurant, we opted for take out which is only offered to guests on Friday nights and then hung out by the fire. Several other guests also enjoyed the comfortable and relaxing atmosphere along with good conversation among new people. Lisabeth, made sure that our stay was comfortable, offering suggestions of things to do, see, and places to eat. (She also cooked an amazing breakfast). Overall, we had a wonderful time and returned home feeling relaxed and refreshed. I highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013

My fiancee and I found this gem earlier this winter and both fell in love. Its decorated with fun artwork and trinkets all throughout, always has a warm fire going but what truly makes the inn so special is Liz who runs it. She is a decorated chef who creates the most incredible breakfast's, has amazing advice regarding the area and has created that o-so difficult balance of making the inn both social while not overbearing. Its truly an amazing spot.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Nashua, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

not only best known for having the best breakfast in the valley, the best innkeeper (Lisabeth), and the best inn in the valley. A great place to hang out between skiing, boarding, shoeing, hiking, canoeing, or antiquing, or whatever you do

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends