“Great, laid back, feel at home”
Review of Lareau Farm Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waitsfield
Lareau Farm Inn
Ranked #11 of 15 Waitsfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 November 2013

As a thank you for serving our country, my boyfriend was offered a complimentary nights stay at the Lareau Farm Inn Veteran's weekend. We arrived Sunday evening, slightly worried we would be bothersome due to our late arrival, only to find we were no bother at all. In the entryway to the Inn was a note awaiting us. Included in the note was the answer to every question we may have had. It lead us to our room, the 'Wonder' room on the second floor, informed us about breakfast, gave us the wifi password, included a reminder of our dinner reservation, and a few other things. It was great not to have the pressure of someone constantly asking how everything is and just being able to explore for ourselves.
Our room was perfect for 2, with a nice sized bed, a chair, and small bathroom. Sitting on the bed when we first walked in was information on things to do in the area and a children's book (in case you were towing along a little one).
As part of being a guest at the Inn you get your name placed on the dinner list for American Flatbread before anyone else. I grew up in the area and know that Flatbread doesn't take reservations. You show up right when they open to put your name in and hope for a good dinner time. When booking the room we were given the opportunity to put our name on the list for priority at a certain time. The restaurant wasn't too busy when we went, but from past experiences I know this would definitely come in handy in the winter and summer craziness.
Unfortunately, we had to head out early in the morning. We came downstairs around 7:30 (the time the note said food would be set out) to find hot coffee, fruit, cereal, and english muffins. We were able to enjoy the mini breakfast as well as chat with the inn keeper, Lisabeth. It was a great start to our morning and fabulous end to our stay.
Overall, the stay was fantastic. We're already planning our next trip, hopefully a longer one this time!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 November 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Lareau Farm Inn for one night and loved it! The innkeeper was very friendly but not "hovering" and overly attentive which we found great. Check in was super easy and she upgraded us to a bigger room because the inn wasn't fully booked (it was a Monday night in the off season). The inn itself was gorgeous, the real small town, cozy, farm feel that I love at an inn. American flatbread is closed during the week (bummer!) but we drove to Bristol to eat at The Bobcat Cafe which is delicious and although it is a half hour drive the scenery makes it worth it! In the morning we were met with a friendly face and delicious breakfast with both ingredients from the farm as well as local ingredients from neighboring farms. Overall our stay exceeded expectations and we would love to return!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This is the second time I've hosted a COACH ME MARIA Retreat and it was even better than the first! You just feel like you are home! The participants were able to move past their blocks partly because the environment they were in. It's the perfect escape place to find yourself!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank CoachMeMaria
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We just spent a marvelous multi-sport weekend at the Lareau Farm Inn. Lisabeth and her wonderful staff took care of our every need from Friday evening through Sunday morning. Highlights included sumptuous breakfasts, tasty & hearty dinners, and a fun camp fire with s'mores!

Room Tip: Well-behaved pets are welcome in three of the rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We just had a delightful experience at our two-day stay at Lareau Family Farm in Waitsfield VT. The accommodations at this quaint Vermont farm met our hopes of an authentic area B&B, and the proprietor, Lisbeth, was a quintessential chef and hostess. Wonderful food! I can't wait till next fall to return. And let me hasten to add that all the local folks, Vermonters, were all friendly and welcoming.

Room Tip: Be prepared that there are only stairs to tote luggage, but be sure to choose a north-facing room, a...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I stayed here for a wedding but would return just to enjoy the care that Lisabeth and her staff provide for their guests. The inn is right by the Mad river with glorious views of the mountains. There are trails to walk and bike or places to sit and just listen to the river. The American Flatbread Restaurant on site is great----they catered the wedding reception and the food and service were excellent. My room was comfortable and quiet and what a great breakfast! I was rested and ready to explore the area--it's like going back in time to those carefree days.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We have just returned from 4 glorious nights at the Lareau Farm Country Inn. And I can hardly wait to return! To understand what a compliment/high rating that is you have to know that I am not a traveler. I go places, lots of places, to enjoy time with family and friends, but even in the loveliest of places I have said "been there, done that" and I'm ready to get back to my own comfort zone in my own home. My husband could hardly believe his ears! I want to go back! I WILL go back. It was a bonus for us that wonderful gluten free breakfast and snacks were available. The old farmhouse is full of ambience, and the rooms are named Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness....and more....all signifying the atmosphere of the surroundings and the attitude of all of the staff. My one suggestion......that they name a room tranquility. That is what I experienced.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends