I don't typically write reviews but my husband and I do utilize TripAdvisor as a resource when planning our travels. However, after reading the last guest's review, I felt compelled to share my experience.
Let me start by saying that we visit Vermont a minimum of 2 times a year and there has never been a time when we haven't stayed at the Wilder Farm Inn or had anything but an awesome experience. From the moment we arrive at the Inn, we feel completely at home. Not only is the Inn decorated beautifully with the utmost attention to detail, but Luke and Linda are nothing but friendly and welcoming...even if you do arrive a little earlier than the actual check-in time.
Our last visit was during the height of Fall Foliage, and while it was a very busy time, not only were all of our needs met, but my husband and I enjoyed numerous conversations with both Linda & Luke. After enjoying a delicious breakfast (which always incorporated homemade items along with local and organic too), Luke took the time to sit with us to help plan out our day, and every place he suggested was a hit!!
Our room was not only pretty and extremely clean, but it gives you the feeling that Luke and Linda really make the effort to keep things up-to-date.
So far, we have stayed in 5 out of the 8 different rooms and couldn't pick a favorite if we tried.
In addition to the beautiful rooms, we love the common space...a large living room with a TV, a guest computer, telephone and rest room; a library with an awesome fireplace, comfy and cozy chairs/couch with a large selection of books, the latest magazines, games, etc..and a very large dining room with another awesome fireplace with delicious Vermont tea which is always available to the guests...and the best part, something yummy waiting for us in the afternoon to snack on.
I can go on but I should try to cut this review somewhat short. All in all, the bottom line is that the Wilder Farm Inn is a great place with great hosts and that is why my husband and I continue to go back time after time. It is a true gem...from the time you arrive until the time you depart...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wilder Farm Inn...where farm-fresh meets fashion-forward. We have made a conscious decision to create an atmosphere more appealing to today's traveler. With a relaxed vibe and some fresh decorating, it's apparent that grandma doesn't live here anymore. Gone are the days of doilies and old-time quilts. We have eight uniquely and individually decorated guestrooms which are sure to fit anyone's style. From country chic to hotel boutique, we're sure you'll find a room that's perfect for you! It's all about the food...from preparation to presentation, we take pride it what you eat. Breakfasts are freshly prepared with organic ingredients; some coming straight from our garden and others locally foraged. Our baked goods are made from scratch, and we offer a thoughtful menu featuring a creative culinary flare. What can be better?....it's served to you on Luke's handmade pottery.Our grounds are perfect for reading that book, enjoying a glass of wine, playing some bocce & horseshoes or even taking that well-deserved nap. Our property is also home to The Naked Potter Studio & Gallery, an 1840's post & beam lovingly built by the potter himself.Besides the obvious Vermont attractions, Sugarbush, Mad River Glen, Ben & Jerry's, the farmers' market, we love to share our local knowledge of those special hidden gems. We are passionate about making your stay exactly what you want it to be, whether its outdoor fun, fine dining, art, etc...we care.Come as Guests...Leave as Friends ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Expedia, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wilder Farm Inn B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wilder Farm Hotel Waitsfield
- Wilder Farm Inn Bed And Breakfast