Wilder Farm Inn B&B
US$195
Official Site
Best Western Plus Waterbury - Stowe(Waterbury)(Great Value!)
US$119
Fairfield Inn & Suites Waterbury Stowe(Waterbury)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$175
Hotels.com
Hilltop Inn(Montpelier)
US$54
All reviewsrobin roomheritage roommy husband and ithe mad river valleypancakeswonderful hoststree swingprivate bathroombreakfast was deliciouscommon areashope to return soonat homethoroughly enjoyed our staybig fireplacelaid backclose proximityother guests
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We have stayed at the Wilder Farm Inn many times over the years. There are very few places that we go back to again and again as we like to try out new places but the Wilder Farm Inn always draws us back. It’s like coming home. Luke and Linda are wonderful hosts. Very kind and helpful but not obtrusive. The way they have set up their inn you don’t feel like you are intruding either. They are on the property and are just a call away but have their own section within the Inn.

The rooms are nicely decorated. Stylish yet comfortable. Our last stay was at the beginning of June and we stayed in the Cattail Room. It has a private bathroom and is a nice cosy size. They have a good website with pictures of all the rooms. Knowing it was going to be a scorcher that weekend they put a room air conditioner in for us so we would have a nice restful sleep. The are always thinking of the well-being of their guests.

Where do I start with the breakfast that is served! We have had some of the most incredible breakfasts here. Our last breakfast included ramps (wild leeks) that were picked on the banks of the Mad River. Lots of local and garden-picked produce used – while we were enjoying some coffee/tea and juice before breakfast we saw Luke wander out to the garden to cut some herbs from the Inn’s garden – now that’s fresh!

At Wilder Farm we have had the opportunity to try many fine Vermont products that the Inn uses. It is nice to see a business supporting other Vermont businesses by using quality local goods in house. Liberty Teas from Waterbury and Vermont Soap (organic) in Middlebury are now regular stops on our trips to Vermont. Luke and Linda have given us many great recommendations for places to visit and eat. Our favorite place to eat anywhere thanks to their advice is American Flatbread in Waitsfield. Best pizza we have ever had! It is one of the only places we look forward to waiting for a table – a drink by the bonfire is a real treat. Thanks Luke and Linda for creating such an amazing retreat from the regular world. Looking forward to our next visit at the Wilder Farm Inn.

Room Tip: Lots of pictures online.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2013

This review is long overdue, but had no great of an experience not to comment. My boyfriend and traveled to Vermont for a long weekend at the beginning of February. This was a first time in Vermont for both of us. My boyfriend enjoys skiing, but I had never skied. I was more looking for a romantic, relaxing get-away, while he was looking for close proximity to the slopes. The Wilder Farm Inn fulfilled both of our wishes. From the moment we arrived, we had a wonderful experience. On a very raining and foggy night after a long car ride, we were greeted by innkeeper Luke, who was very warm, friendly and accommodating. We immediately felt at home. We were then shown to our room, we stayed in the River Room, which I selected after viewing pictures online. The room was just as the description had stated, although much cozier in person. The room was clean and comfortable with both a large bathtub and stand-up shower. Had a wonderful night's sleep and the next morning had the pleasure of meeting Linda while enjoying a lovely breakfast that is freshly prepared for you by Luke and Linda themselves. Food was delicious!!! dinning room was cozy with a long center table, nice music and a large fireplace. Had an opportunity to meet and chat with other folks staying at the Inn while my boyfriend got all the tips from Luke about the best trails at Sugarbush. Luke also provided recommendations for the best local dinning. Later that evening we enjoyed some time to relax by the fireplace in the large common living room with a mug of hot chocolate that was served in mugs made by Luke in his pottery studio, located behind the inn. We even enjoyed s'mores by the far with ingredients provided by the Innkeepers. Overall a wonderful experience, would recommend to anyone looking for a cozy get-away. We will definitely be back. I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2013

I spent a glorious few days in Waitsfield last September to ride the Icelandic horses (see review of that facility) and booked my stay here rather than at the Mad River Inn, associated with the horse farm.

Luke and Linda took care of me like perfect parents. I remember in the mornings when it was chilly still I would patter out to grab a hot coffee and Linda would chuckle ~ I suppose I sounded like a child run amok. But they were the most engaging and truly interested couple to preside over their inn and Luke's studio.

I will return one day and they will be my home away from home once again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 March 2013

This is a charming place with gracious and warm hosts that is close to the area skiing spots. The whole experience there was wonderful and small details such as a cozy fire to come back to after skiing, helpful advise from the hosts, and delicious breakfasts in the morning made it a most enjoyable place to be. As other have noted, the talents of Luke as a potter that are on display at the inn make it feel warm and homey and watching him at the wheel was fun for us and our 10 year old daughter. The room we stayed in was quiet and stylishly decorated. We would definitely come back the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Linda and Luke are consummate hosts who have created a truly wonderful B&B experience. The place is magic. I read all the reviews here on tripadvisor before going and the kudos are well-deserved. We originally were thinking we would stay only the one night and ended up staying for three.. we didn't want to leave! Would love to go back some day:

- we stayed in the Cattail room: charming decor & super comfy bed.
- loved the fires both late afternoon and first thing in the morning in the breakfast room
- Linda and Luke were generous with info about the Mad River Valley area. Every suggestion we took them up on was fantastic.
- homecooked breakfasts were delicious & filling.
- loved checking out Luke's cool ceramic studio out back. Bought some great pieces!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple