“A Winner” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 15 Waitsfield B&B and Inns
Elmwood Park, New Jersey
“A Winner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2006

Run by a wonderfuly nice young couple this place has everything you could possibly want in a B&B. The WiFi set up made sure I was never out of touch, unless I wanted to be. The rooms were clean and homey, the beds offered one of the best sleeps I have had in ages. It was private enough so I felt like I was the only one there, but thay also have great common rooms that offer the chance to talk and hang out with others if I wanted. One of the best parts of the stay turned out to be the breakfasts, which if they weren't already included, I would have gladly paid for. I left so satisfied I usually couldn't eat again until dinner.

• Stayed March 2005, travelled on business
2 Thank DGVNJ

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2006

I just returned from a wonderful stay at the Wilder Farm Inn. I was actually in the area for business and found this bed & breakfast, with its wireless access and comfortable beds to be as perfectly suited for a business trip as it is for a ski trip! Breakfasts were delicious and filling, the B&B is clear and cozy, and the innkeepers are friendly and knowledgable. I would not hesitate to recommend this inn to anyone!

• Stayed May 2005, travelled on business
2 Thank ChrissiOD
Groton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2006

My husband and I stayed at Wilder Farm Inn in January of 2005 while we were scouting places for our upcoming wedding. We had such a lovely time with Luke and Linda, and thoroughly enjoyed our stay! We loved it so much, we booked the entire inn for our wedding guests. It was a great comfort to know that some of our closest friends and family were spending the weekend at a great inn with fantastic hosts. I have read the reviews on this page, and not one of them surprises me. Luke and Linda went out of their way to make sure we all enjoyed our time in Waitsfield.

• Stayed August 2005
2 Thank Stacey01450
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2006

For a few years now some friends of mine and I have taken one winter trip per year out of the laughable "slopes" of Ohio skiing to go up to New England and ski the big mountains. Every year we try a new place to stay, a place with personality away from the coporate mainstays that line our country's interstates.
Last year I found "The Wilder Farm Inn Bed and Breakfeast" on line because my friends and I wanted to try and ski the legendary "Mad River Glen" in Waitsfield, VT. We figured it was just a nice place to stay with very reasonable rates and a free breakfeast to boot. We couldn't have been more wrong.
First of all, Wilder Inn is located right in Waitsfield on historic Vermont Rt. 100, which is known by many travelling afficianados to be one of the most beautiful drives in the country, regardless of season. (And it is, I've driven in over 30 of the 50 states and Vermont rt. 100 is right up there with California's route 1, and the Florida Keys Highway.)
Secondly, what you get for your dollar at Wilder is quite amazing. The rooms are beautiful, cozy, well kept, and the breakfeast you get in the morning is worth at least $50 by itself. Wilder is within a one hour drive of about 8 major ski resorts including Killington, Sugarbush, Stowe, Smuggler's Notch, and the aforementioned Mad River Glen. The drives to all of these places from the Inn are nothing short of breathtaking.
Finally, what really makes Wilder special is the people. Luke, Linda, and Jordan are about as authentic and likeable as they come. From the moment you enter their beautiful Inn you feel like it's your grandparents cottage that you used to visit every summer of your childhood. I return each year to ski, to see the beauty of New Englan, and to visit with Luke and Linda. They are old friends after only two visits. To stay somewhere else at this point would be like going out of state to visit relative who have a huge house and then insulting them by staying at the Motel 6. The other guests I've had the chance to meet in my two trips there were always great to talk to and share stories with.
I have very limited funds and can only take two short, economny-based vacations a year: A long weekend in the summer, and one ski trip in the winter. That having been said, I've already decided that there is no way I'll have a better experience anywhere else than at Wilder. It will continue to be a yearly trip for myself and my family. Needless to say, I heartily reccommend Wilder Farm Inn, if you enjoy it half as much as I do each year, you'll never go anywhere else either!

-Ben
Ashland, Ohio

• Stayed March 2006
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2006

What a great place to visit! We just spent two nights as part of a ski-getaway and couldn't ask for a better place to stay...hospitality, accommodations and of course ski conditions. If you've never been to the Mad River Valley the WFI is a must! Luke & Linda were great. Don't forget the Blueberry Pancakes for breakfast.

• Stayed January 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2006

Interesting old Inn, great hosts, would certainly stay again.

Rooms have private bathrooms, but not en-suite j-i-c that bothers you.

• Stayed December 2005
3 Thank Chamonyx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2006

Wonderful stay at the Wilder Farm Inn. Very hospitable inn keepers, lots of great activities and superb breakfasts. We cant wait to return.

• Stayed January 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waitsfield
The Inn at Round Barn Farm
#13 of 15 in Waitsfield
The Warren Lodge
The Warren Lodge
#2 of 7 in Warren

Been to Wilder Farm Inn B&B? Share your experiences!