“Amazing food”

Ranked #5 of 36 Restaurants in Waitsfield
Price range: US$15 - US$24
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: MINT is a restaurant with a plant based cuisine. We focus primarily on natural, organic whole foods and ingredients. MINT loves deep flavors and timeless recipes. We aspire to the cuisine of old cultures, at times with a modern twist. We hope that you visit us and when you leave you will feel enriched.
Reviewed 15 April 2014

MINT is a vegetarian/vegan restaurant which even carnivores appreciate! Having eaten there on numerous occasions, I am always amazed at the variety, taste, and presentation of the food. Lots of TLC goes into the making of each dish and the open kitchen allows one to see the meals being prepared. A creative and ever changing menu includes many locally produced foods so fresh ingredients are always on your plate.The service is super and a romantic atmosphere fill this small dining establishment. Dinner only. A visit and reservations are a must.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Neither my husband nor I are vegetarians, but we decided to try it during a ski trip as Yelp gave it high marks and then our foodie B&B host also recommended it. The menu changes regularly, except for a few items which we happened to order -- the 'Mint' salad and 'Greens and Broccoli'. Both were excellent and I'm now craving the Greens in its tangy tofu tamari sauce -- no wonder it stays on the menu. The pasta we ordered was seasoned a little too subtly for our taste, so if you like spice, ask for recommendations. And if you like chocolate, the chocolate mousse made with coconut cream is worth leaving room for. Nice selection of wines and beers, as well as many delicious teas and non-alcoholic drinks. If I lived nearby, I would be regular. Since I don't, I hope they'll come out soon with a cookbook....or at least put the Greens and Broccoli recipe online.....please?!

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Our innkeeper recommended this restaurant, and I also heard good things from a co-worker ( in New Jersey!) I'm glad I came. The service was good and the atmosphere charming and romantic. The food was tasty, light, and very satisfying. Good wine list, too. I was only sorry they're not open Mondays, as we would have come back.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Meals are always great at Mint. The quality of food and service rate among the best in the area. It's menu is always changing which keeps the locals coming back again and again!!! Plan on leaving room for dessert too!

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Being vegetarian, it is such a treat to be able to go into a restaurant and order *anything* on the menu without having to ask if there is any meat or meat stock in the dish. Mint is vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free if you so choose, and it is truly creative. Many restaurants, when they do offer veggie choices, it is as an afterthought. Most dishes presented are ones I can usually make better at home, and I am not a chef by any means. But Mint presented dishes that I would have a hard time trying to replicate, using common and not-so-common ingredients. I started with the potato latkes which were thin, light and not greasy, with a wonderful light sauce. My main course was a tempeh with a homemade teriyaki sauce. My dinner partners each had something different, and they were all pleased with the flavors and presentations. My husband had a dish with a veggie sausage and said it was fine, but not completely to his liking. Sometimes veggie products can taste too much like meat. Mint serves many kinds of caffeine-free teas and drinks as well as wine, by the glass or bottle. The dessert menu was limited, but it certainly filled our chocolate need with a flavorful mousse that was rich but still light. The ambience was wonderful, meaning we could hold a conversation without having to shout or compete with too loud music. The colors of the window curtains and walls were vibrant but not garish, making for comfortable surroundings, and the space was not too large, not too small -- but just right. Dress is also casual, so a coat and tie as well as jeans both fit the space. However, this creative cuisine is not inexpensive, so be prepared to pay as you would at a more upscale meat-based restaurant. I hope they stay around for a while as I definitely want to return -- and order anything off the menu!