“Delicious food in a casual setting.”
Review of The Mad Taco

The Mad Taco
Ranked #4 of 36 Restaurants in Waitsfield
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Tacos are super. I love the ones with yams, black beans and slaw. They make their own salsa ranging in heat from 1-10.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

The first time we went to the mad tacos our friends brought us here (they have a house at sugarbush). We had an amazing experience. Great food and heady topper!

In terms of decor:
We had been living in Greenpoint, Brooklyn --- and when I walked in my impression of the place was that it was "very Brooklyn". Random stickers on the bar and in the visible part of the kitchen, cool beer "art", some "street art" or sort of "street art" pigs on the wall in the back room. Brooklyn to me means "weird" decor but in a good way, lots of random things but they look great together and give off a good vibe!

Food:
Our first meal there I had the tostadas and my boyfriend had a bunch of tacos. I decided to put both chicken and pork belly on my tostadas, because I cant turn down pork belly but alone it can be very rich. Boy was he jealous when my order came out!

Second time we came back we got pork belly tacos and carnitas - both great. Also I would note their variety of home made hot sauces are awesome.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I was expecting more - more flavour, more freshness and a lot less oil. The staff are friendly, but the tacos are mediocre at best. Several locals spoke highly of this place, so we got take out. We should have just stayed away. The tacos aren't cheap and full of oil. The drippings on my plate, on my shirt, on my chin, on my sleeve prove it. And yes, i do know how to eat a taco. Still looking for the gem in Waitsfield.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Great for a quick table service meal. The food is good. The sauces are fun to try. The vegetarian offerings are superb. I will gladly go again.

Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

Loved this little place tucked away in a shopping center . Food is excellent and is smoked out in barrel out on front sidewalk area( try that anywhere outside Vt) and you select your own hot sauce from about a dozen bottles- heat index is on the board above them. Atmosphere is skateboard, skiing- Led Zeppelin playing in background . Guys behind the counter - young, friendly and make good food and serve up great beer selection . Whoever made sauces is probably a chemistry type with a PhD from MIT or something. Great spot- stop in.