“Good Food, Extraordinary Beer Selection”
Review of The Mad Taco

The Mad Taco
Ranked #4 of 36 Restaurants in Waitsfield
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Fast service, nice selections from a small menu. Food is very solid, but it's the beer selection that's amazing. This is my favorite easy and quick place to eat in Waitsfield.

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

My husband & I love their flavorful tacos made with local ingredients. He especially loves the pork belly taco. They have several homemade taco sauces, in varying heats.
The atmosphere is casual & the service is friendly. It is a little pricey, but it's to be expected for quality ingredients. We love going there.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This unobtrusive storefront was easy to miss. It took a bit to find it, but once we did, it was well worth it. The guys working here were tattooed hipsters, with an easy, laid back attitude and awesome food. We tried the Colorado Pork tacos and the Seitan and sweet potato tacos. All were amazing. And spicy. At one point we asked for a milder hot sauce, and the man just looked at us. apparently we already had the mildest one on the menu. Still spicy. My eyelids were sweating. But cold water was readily available, and the food was really, really good. Don't miss this hidden gem, and there's one in Montpelier too!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Tacos are super. I love the ones with yams, black beans and slaw. They make their own salsa ranging in heat from 1-10.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

The first time we went to the mad tacos our friends brought us here (they have a house at sugarbush). We had an amazing experience. Great food and heady topper!

In terms of decor:
We had been living in Greenpoint, Brooklyn --- and when I walked in my impression of the place was that it was "very Brooklyn". Random stickers on the bar and in the visible part of the kitchen, cool beer "art", some "street art" or sort of "street art" pigs on the wall in the back room. Brooklyn to me means "weird" decor but in a good way, lots of random things but they look great together and give off a good vibe!

Food:
Our first meal there I had the tostadas and my boyfriend had a bunch of tacos. I decided to put both chicken and pork belly on my tostadas, because I cant turn down pork belly but alone it can be very rich. Boy was he jealous when my order came out!

Second time we came back we got pork belly tacos and carnitas - both great. Also I would note their variety of home made hot sauces are awesome.