“Fabulous!”
Review of Mad River Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waitsfield
Mad River Inn
Ranked #8 of 15 Waitsfield B&B and Inns
Ontario
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Have been staying at this Inn every year since 2008. Each spring I travel to Vermont from Canada to ride Icelandic horses for a weekend. The accommodations at the Mad River Inn are fantastic, I have never been disappointed! The food is excellent, the rooms are bright and comfortable, and the inn keeper and his family are delightful. Always a pleasure.

Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Victoria B

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Reviewed 14 April 2013

My mom and I spent a relaxing weekend at this cozy inn, enjoying the last hurrahs of winter in Vermont. It was the second time I had visited the inn, and I was very happy with my decision to return. There is a cozy ambiance to the place that makes you feel at home the minute you arrive. The owners are sincere, down to earth people, who are attentive and eager to make you feel comfortable. The decor is charming and tasteful, and the rooms are clean and comfortable. I love waking up and looking out the large windows into the field and the mountains outside. It's a serene view that makes me smile. The delicious breakfasts are always a treat, as well. I would recommend this inn without a doubt to anyone looking to stay in the Mad River Valley. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2013
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Friendly people/comfortable beds/lovely accommodations/great food! We're hoping to stay here again! I would highly recommend this spot for a restful weekend getaway. We really enjoyed the delicious gourmet breakfast! Our cozy room was a perfect size. We enjoyed the family charm and especially our special music treat after breakfast! Thank you!

• Stayed April 2013
Cranston, Rhode Island
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We had the Mad River Inn recommended to us by a friend who's been going there for years to ride the Islandic horses. I was a bit skeptical, as my girlfriend and I had never stayed in a B&B. What a PLEASANT surprise we had! From the cleanliness of our room, to the Hot Tub on the back deck, to the game room downstairs which offers a stereo, woodburning stove, and pool table, we had a super time! Luc is a very nice fellow, terrific chef, and excellent source of recommendations for restaurants, things-to-do, etc..
We will definitely be returning to this gem!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 February 2013

We stayed at the Mad River Inn while on a hiking trip in September because it was the most reasonably-priced B&B in the area with a vacancy. We were DELIGHTED with our experience. The house is lovely, welcoming, clean, and comfortable; the grounds and views are stunningly beautiful; there's an awesome pool table and huge lounge area in the basement that guests can use; and Luc and his family are gracious hosts. Oh, and besides being a cool guy, Luc serves insanely good breakfast. Before we left in September, we decided we had to come back at some point during ski season, so we booked another stay. We just completed that trip and everything was fantastic yet again. Breakfast is served at a long communal table, so some guests might not like this, but during each of our stays we've enjoyed great conversation with friendly people. Seems like the friendly vibe of the Inn gets into the guests, too. They serve breakfast outside when the weather permits and there's also a hot tub for guests to use outside. (We haven't yet experienced either of these amenities, though). In the winter, Luc keeps logs on the fire going in the beautiful living room fireplace. A great experience at a great price. Couldn't recommend any more highly.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Hingham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 February 2013

My wife and I have been staying here every year for more than a decade. We love the Victorian decor, the comfortable rooms, the warm fire in the common area, the pool room downstairs, and the hot tub on the deck. Breakfasts are delicious and alternate between sweet and savory.

Luc, the innkeeper, is very helpful and friendly. His family is delightful. We always feel very much at home.

We are skiers and the inn is a short ride to Sugarbush, Mad River, and Bolton Valley. The town of Waitsfield has a growing number of artisan shops. We are not shoppers, but are increasingly drawn to the unique items being offered. Local restaurants are quite good, but ask Luc for the latest and the best.

We have stayed at B&B's everywhere, and this is a keeper.

Geo and Cindy

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Norwalk, Connecticut
Reviewed 1 January 2013

We stayed there for new year weekend and ski at Sugarbush. It's about 15min from the mountain which isn't too bad if you knew up front. Breakfast were amazing. Bed and pillows were not comfortable for me and I didn't get a good sleep (maybe it's just me, but maybe they need to invest in better pillows). Other guests and hosts were pretty friendly and it was a bit like staying at a friend's place.

• Stayed January 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waitsfield
The Inn at Round Barn Farm
#3 of 15 in Waitsfield
The Waitsfield Inn
The Waitsfield Inn
#7 of 15 in Waitsfield

Been to Mad River Inn? Share your experiences!